ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought a Valver!! 1994 :D :D

94' Valver F4R'd
Ok,
So my car got written off last month and i've been deciding what to do. Was going to get it repaired but it's well past that and can't afford it :(
Really wanted to do a conversion on mine but can't now, so though i'd look for a 16v that needs a little work that I can use :)
Loved the black ones with leather but are hard to come by in good nic, anyways, after a long time searching I found one. I think its perfect! does need a few bits doing but is perfectly usable! Picking her up Saturday!!! I'm like a child! So excited!! :D
DSC02224.jpgDSC02223 Smaller.jpg
(click for larger Image)

It's very clean for 18 years and 114k miles!
Few small problems that can be solved by swapping bits from my PH3 1.4
here's a list of thing that need doing/will eventually get done...
  • Small leak coming from the gearbox somewhere, not leaving a puddle but there it's covered the gearbox, Any common places it could be? Thinking driveshaft seal?
  • Headrests don't click back into place? Thinking of taking the leather off and putting it on my 1.4's headrests? Anyone know if theirs a quick fix or something?
  • Door pockets have faded - Swap from the 1.4
  • Door cards are peeling - Glue?
  • bootlid from a 1.2 needs the spoiler, take the one off the 1.4 and spray black...
  • bottom of both doors have rust, keep the drivers door from the 1.4 and get sprayed (no rust on it) Find a passenger door
  • Arches were done 3 years ago, drivers side has a small bubble nothing that worries me for now
  • Discs and pads on the rear, maby front aswell
  • underseal the sills and paint subframe/wishbones with hammerite
  • Swap my tinted back windows from the 1.4
  • Swap the windscreen form the 1.4 (this one has a chip)
  • Swap the exhaust from the 1.4 - Slight blow in this, and its just a standard system
  • FIND A NEW AIRBOX. THIS ONE HAS BEEN DRILLED :mad:
  • Give the interior a good clean
  • Find a new insert for the gearknob - faded
Think that's it for now...
Cambelt and water pump were done 3 years ago, Head skimmed new gasket and starter motor. It's got a K-Tec manifold, don't think it's stainless, are these any good? Supersprint one be better?
Will have 1 years MOT and 1 months Tax when I get it.
Picking up saturday, and starting the work!! :D

I Will be putting my coilovers on from the 1.4, Does anyone know if the will fit? I'm assuming as the track is the same width and the fitment is, they will be ok?

over time will get other bits done but just planning on keeping it tidy for now :)

Looking for an Airbox from a 16v or Williams if anyones got one? Need it ASAP.

Let me know what you think guys!!
Any help much appreciated! :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So sorry I never replied to your pm mate.

You need to speak to Chip-mk1 on here about mk1's.

Looks nice though, I do like them in black, you don't see many of them about.

Plans sound good, but please don't fit the tints.

Chav Rocket
Think the ktec one was quite similar to the supersprint if not rebranded? Been a while.

The hillpower air box is quite nice if your looking.

Midge used to break a few dont know if he still does. Theres a lad up birmingham that has a load too.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Matt brown is the best person for bits definitely. Always the first person I turn to, you will never find a better person to do business with!

Gearbox leak could be the gear selector or could be the driveshaft seal. Make sure the level doesn't get too low or the box won't last.

Afaik the 1.4 is narrower track and also different hub spacing for the coilovers so yours won't fit iirc (going by what I've heard as I've never owned a 1.4 one myself)

94' Valver F4R'd
I'm pretty sure the track is the same width on the 1.4 and the 16v... I was told the williams is the only one thats wider. When I was looking into doing the engine conversion on the 1.4, the driveshafts from the 16v would be the right length/fit for my track width (same as valver, narrower than the williams)

What do you mean by hub spacing? Distance between the holes? or width of the top part of the hub?

Thanks, Yeah, not a bad shell, Bargin for what I paid :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I may be wrong about the narrower track then mate, like I said never had a 1.4, I just know they don't run the wider arches so assumed they were narrower track and I'm sure I've seen others say it. That might just be down to wheel width and offset though.

The bolt spacing I mean is the 2 bolts where the shock joins the hub, that's what I've read is different on the 1.4. Again though I'm afraid I'm not talking from firsthand experience for once so I may be wrong, just what I've read again. I'm sure a google search will give you a definite answer.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Just had a quick hunt about online and the 1.4 can be either 52mm or 54mm bolt spacing it would appear, so it depends which yours is as to whether or not it will fit a valver.

Although you could just file the holes to adjust if its wrong of course.

Track is the same on the non-16 as it is to the 16v. only the williams had the different track. AFAIK, the hub bolt spacing only became different when It went to mk2 shells.

94' Valver F4R'd
Right then. My coilovers I think were for 54mm spacing. My 1.4 was 52mm. I simply machined at work 2mm down on the top hole. Then the camber was all wrong so machined it 1mm towards the engine (if that makes sense, top hole, so the hub sat slighty further in a the top) Problem solved.
Hopefully whatever the valver needs they should fit :)
We'll find out on saturday :)

Thanks Luke, I think it's pretty good for an 18 year old clio!! :D

Danlp6, Yeah I think you are right there :)

Mat - PM'd ;)