ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just Bought a Valver!

j plate 91 449 valver,
hi.

i have just bought my first valver! its a 1991 plate in willy 449 blue. will get pics up next time i go to my parents garage where i am keeping it. I would be interested to know if there is a 6 speed box that will fit a 2.0 litre willy engine. (incase i decide to go for the upgrade) also is anyone selling a willy engine? are the oil dials supposed to work when the car is running? as the oil level gauge is the only one i have seen working and that is only when the car has the ignition on but not running.

Harvy

Valver
Nice one, enjoy it. As far as I know there isn't a readily available 6 speed box to fit, maybe a newer one might fit with a bit of work and expense, but it wouldn't be worth it really even if you could. If it's the high revving on motorway journeys etc that concerns you then you could look into getting a diesel box instead which has longer ratios in 4th and 5th, making it more tolerable. Best place to look for an F7R is williamsclio and clio16valver on the parts and breaking sections.

As for the oil dials, they should all work when the car is running, although the oil level will only show for a while at the start and then go off after a while. Although with just the ignition on, only the oil level will be displayed as obviously there is no oil circulating the engine to show the pressure or temperature, which sounds like what you were doing.

i have just bought my first valver! its a 1991 plate in willy 449 blue. will get pics up next time i go to my parents garage where i am keeping it. I would be interested to know if there is a 6 speed box that will fit a 2.0 litre willy engine. (incase i decide to go for the upgrade) also is anyone selling a willy engine? are the oil dials supposed to work when the car is running? as the oil level gauge is the only one i have seen working and that is only when the car has the ignition on but not running.
You could make one fit but for costs its not realy worth the hastle might as well do toher things at the same time.

The oil level works when you turn the car on then goes off.

The oil pressure and temp should work though I'd be worried if they don't might be a sign of somthing like a dying pump.

clio 16v
nice one, you'll have loads of fun in it, cool cars look after it though they can be expensive if they brake, good luck with the plans