ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought...

Mk2 ph1 clio
A Canon 300D for £100 with an 18-55m lens with remote!

Fairly pleased with it I have to admit!

Has anyone else used one of these or owned one?

Im after some advice on the best lens to get next, I usualy use my camera for buildings/cars.

Cheers

Cupra
cheap as chips. Good find. I had the 350 and used it with the 18-55 and a 70-200 for ages and could get most of what i wanted. A nice second hand sigma 10-20 for the buildings would probably be a good call.

Mk2 ph1 clio
Cheers for the reply!

I was after the 450D or 1000D but thought it would be best to try something cheaper to get the hang of it/see if i enjoy it.

wheres the best place to buy the lenses from? I don't trust Ebay for them coming from Kong Hong tbh..! lol

Mk2 ph1 clio
Found a few decent lenes that are fairly cheap!

Had a little play around before footy tonight.

Jess.jpg

spineroad-1.jpg

First one was freehand so it's slightly blurred!

Good stuff, got to grips with it quick!

I get all my lenses from a guy called Kerso in Scotland, usually get HK prices with UK warranty which I have used so does work. Just ask for a Canon price list.. kerso1123@msn.com

If your after a bargain the 50mm f/1.8 is a good start if you want a good low light lens or something for very shallow depth of field.

You got a real bargain with the 300D!

Mk2 ph1 clio
Bloody hell, cheers for that!!

I'll email this guy tomorrow, see what hes got!!

It's not too bad, depsite a few people twisting their faces when i mention it cause it's only 6.3mp!

I have a kodak digital camera with 12mp for high res stuff! I wanted an SLR for the experience :D

Cupra
Its not all about the megapixels either. The size of the sensor, compression used, lens quality etc in the cameras makes a big difference. Look at an image from a 5MP camera phone compared to a 5 MP digicam and there is a huge difference.

B

Brown.

Excellent bit of kit, one of the first amature cams t use a CMOS..... i had a black on e with a battery grip, much prefer the size compared to tiny modern canon amature dslr 450d is just tooo small.... thank god the 40d and 50d kept its size

Mk2 ph1 clio
Its not all about the megapixels either. The size of the sensor, compression used, lens quality etc in the cameras makes a big difference. Look at an image from a 5MP camera phone compared to a 5 MP digicam and there is a huge difference.

Yep, not the way everyone looks at it though!

I'm happy with it, Just need another lens to keep me busy!