ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just got back after been pulled..

Expert HDI & R53
Police pulled me earlier for speeding they was not too happy lol

After been breathalised they gave me two options,

1. 6 points and £250 fine.

2. A warning and a letting off.

I was like hmmm i'd take option two please

He they said why..lol

I said that i could not afford the fine and he said you drive a car like that and cant afford £250 i said yes lol

Anyway's he luckly let me off.

Becarefull everyone there is some new year crack down.

Regards

182trophy & Williams
^^^^very,dunno why they give you altimatums like that.Nearly lost mine a couple of months ago too.Nearly took me fookin head off.

+1 very lucky,
I imagine they had no way of proving your speed or not enough evidence to prosecute, usually they try to make an example. Having said that the warning has clearly made you stop and think so I guess the Officer thought that in this case that would be just as effective as a fine.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
To be fair, if he let you off it sounds like, for whatever reason he didn't think he could get a conviction - like he didn't get it recorded/calibration was out or whatever. Because that would be a good bit over the limit for not an SP30, 3pts and £60 - i.e. over 86mph in a 60, or over a tonne in a 70. So I suspect he was just bullshitting to scare you :)

Dan

a thirsty one
when cops pull someone over for speeding and just advise them about it and let them on their way instead of people saying "thats nice of him/her" they say "he/she mustnt have had enough evidence, they didnt think it would have stood up in court etc etc"

maybe it was a nice cop who stopped someone for speeding and just advised him to slow down a bit in the future, it does happen and not just because they had no other option.

hope you didnt have your fog lights on or you would prob have been incarcerated for life lol

Mondeo ST220
Sounds lucky, does sound like he couldn't do you for it though as 6 points and 250 must have been a fair amount of speed.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I personally would be very surprised if they let someone off just because they were feeling nice, if they had been enough over the limit to warrant 6pts and £250. Not that they can hand that out of course - which makes me think even more that the copper had nothing heh. They can give you a fixed penalty (3pts, £60), or send you to court - they have no other options and sentencing is not up to them.

Dan

the 6pts/£250 thing seems odd but (^likewise) you'd have known about it if they thought you were taking the mickey with your speed.

i love these 'pulled over by the police' threads; it's as if you all think you've just escaped from a brush with death or something!lol

Expert HDI & R53
I was doing near on 70 in a 40. So 30 over is quite bad.

I come off the roundabout and blitz it down the duelcarridge way then did a u turn and blitz it the other way.. They was unmarked so i did not notice them but i must have passed them going the other way lol

It still took them a while to catch me up.

Maybe they could not prove anything thats why they let me off :D

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Yup, if they could've done you for that, they would have, no question. Did they show you any evidence? Video or anything?

Dan

Black 182
when cops pull someone over for speeding and just advise them about it and let them on their way instead of people saying "thats nice of him/her" they say "he/she mustnt have had enough evidence, they didnt think it would have stood up in court etc etc"

maybe it was a nice cop who stopped someone for speeding and just advised him to slow down a bit in the future, it does happen and not just because they had no other option.

hope you didnt have your fog lights on or you would prob have been incarcerated for life lol

As he said ^

Lionel Richie
i had that on the A14 once whilst going for a land speed record, police were going eastbound and i was heading west, about 5min after i got on the M1 heading towards bham i got pulled but they couldn't do anything, just told me to calm it, oops

Leon Cupra 300
Lucky Daz! They obvioulsy have no evidence so kicked you in the balls instead.

Where was it?

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
I was doing near on 70 in a 40. So 30 over is quite bad.

I come off the roundabout and blitz it down the duelcarridge way then did a u turn and blitz it the other way.. They was unmarked so i did not notice them but i must have passed them going the other way lol

It still took them a while to catch me up.

Maybe they could not prove anything thats why they let me off :D

i got done for a bit over that a few years ago, and got taken to court and everythin!! it was either pure kindness, he couldn't prosecute through lack of proof etc or he couldn't be ar5ed with the paperwork!

i'd say you were extremely lucky which ever way you look at it!!

BG 182
Last night I was pulled over about 7pm in Milton keynes going to the travelodge before I even had a drink! I was texting my mate and out of nowhere a police car pulls up on my left side, I didnt know what to do as I was caught in the act! being a woman i smiled at her and turned right, in which case I knew i was going to get followed, which is exactly what happened, she asked me to pull up and gave me a lecture on the number of road deaths in a year and it increases every year.. She luckily let me off and I was very surprised! I dont think all coppers are b******s, just depends on what mood they are in..

80MPG BEEZA
Last night I was pulled over about 7pm in Milton keynes going to the travelodge before I even had a drink! I was texting my mate and out of nowhere a police car pulls up on my left side, I didnt know what to do as I was caught in the act! being a woman i smiled at her and turned right, in which case I knew i was going to get followed, which is exactly what happened, she asked me to pull up and gave me a lecture on the number of road deaths in a year and it increases every year.. She luckily let me off and I was very surprised! I dont think all coppers are b*****ds, just depends on what mood they are in..

well i would have gave you a ticket txting while driving is idiotic o ebieve its just as bad as drink driving. theirs so many peolpe breaking these rules, as most people say in most cases it certainly isnt speed that killls its under maintained cars and errors of judgement and people just being plain stupid

i bite my thumb at you sir!

and on topic of the thread it is the new year a warning would be kinder then giving people tickets at such a time of giving but knowone wants to lose any of their family, this time of the year it just sint worth it,
slow down.

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
Lucky barsteward.

I got pulled a couple of weeks ago - 3points and £60 fine. The pol didn't even give me a chance.

By the way, will I need to declare the points with the insurance as soon as theyre put on my license or do I leave it till renewal?

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
^^

Bit of a grey area. They *shouldn't* hike your premium for declaring them midterm anyway though.

Dan

cops arent always the heathens theyre thought to be... my mate in the MET told me that he only gives (MINOR) speeders points+fine if they start gettin arsey about it or give it the mouth, otherwise its... show them a picture of a car crash and a slap on the wrist.