ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JUST GOT ME ONE OF THESE ! I LOVES IT !

In July 2002, I picked up my my brand new Pearl Black 172 with just 4 miles on the clock. Last year I had to sell it for various reasons. Since that day I have missed the car so much (photo below) so I just had to rectify the situation !

THE OLD :

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1076363316__York_0071.jpg

WELL.............. this evening I just picked up my new 172 ! What can I say, I am sooooooooooooooooooooo happy with it. 02 Reg, Monaco Blue with 9730 miles on the clock ! Managed to get it for £8800 too which I thought was a bargain !

I have been driving around in it all night and put nearly 100 miles on it already ! After driving around in a Ford Ka for a year and going back to the 172 it just makes you appreciate the car even more ! Just cannot get enough of that acceleration ! I loves it !

Below are some photos I took tonight but they are very dark so I will post some more up tomorrow morning when it is light !

THE NEW :

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1076363834__Dsc01601.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1076363807__Dsc01595.jpg

The car is mint as you will see from the photos I put them up tomorrow and there are no rattles in the car either which shocked me !

Cannot wait to take it 1/4 miling and on track days now !

A very happy chappy right now !

Dai

:D

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Superb, you sound suitably chuffed with it :)

Congrats, at least it isnt the slower silver variety ;)

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

Excellent, that picture of your new 172 makes it look real mean, :D Very good price, almost wish I hadnt got rid of mine.

Cheers for the comments guys ! Yes I am very chuffed and it is great to be back ! Membership renewal and new sticker has been sent for today so it just needs a few touches to make it perfect !

Just went up to see my mate who has a Silver MKII 172, looked great seeing them side by side ! Especially because I knew one was mine !

Greeper, it does look mean doesnt it ! Not a bad photo really seeing as it was really dark when I took it ! The price was particularly good, VERY happy with that !

Where do you live Dai? Saw a blue 172 Mk2 up the Rhondda the other day. Mind you, if it were you youd probably remember seeing my Williams coming the other way!

You lucky git!! Had to sell mine and really miss the acceleration, the chuckability, the handling, the equipment levels, the looks. Driving a Micra 1.0 Shape at the moment:(. Im currently looking out for a baby(s) carrier. Maybe when theyve grown up, I could go back and try and find a well kept 172.

Greeper, I am going to get a silver tax disk holder when I get paid ! Skint now as I have just spent nearly £9000 ! ha ha !

<------------- Ben, cant you tell from my Signature ? LOL ! I am from Swansea mate. I bought the car from a guy in Newport so I doubt it was the same one tho. I only picked the car up 6 hours ago anyway so it definitely wasnt me !

JonC, I feel for you mate, I was driving a Ka 1 around for a year up until Friday last week ! You do appreciate the 172 when you dont have it ! Almost like a good woman ! LOL !

;)

When looking at cars I wantd to buy, the 172 just had it all, all those things you mentioned, I am just a Clio whore ! What can I say !?!? LOL !

I cannot stop smiling !

:D SEE !

Cool. Youll have to come to a meet sometime in Cardiff/Bridgend. We got a tuned Mi16 down last time and it was epic! Hes itching to meet up with a 172 driver for comparison (its a 177bhp beast, but doesnt pull that much on my std. Willy). Im often up the Swansea valleys, Neath, Port Talbot, Bridgend and Maesteg with my job. Give me a toot if you see me - cant be many Willies about!

I actually saw a MINT Williams 1 on the way to pick up my car ! L Reg it was with a youngish guy driving it ! Looked gooooooooooood !

If I see any other Willy/16v/172 driver I will give them a toot anyway ! My reg plate is a private Irish plate at the moment so if you see a blue 172 with Irish plates then it is most likely me !

If I can come up to Cardiff then I will mate ! Definitely going 1/4 miling in the summer up to York tho !

edde, yeah it was a private sale about 40 miles from where I live so not far to travel at all. It was an EU import yes and so has another year left on the warranty too !

Just been out for another spin in it ! Took some more pics under some lighting in MaccyDs and Tesco !

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1076369483__Dsc01610.jpg

Still not great lighting but the best I can do tonight, will post some better ones tomorrow after I have given her a wash !

I understand completely how you feel, I always felt that way with my 172 - and still did, up until I sold it - I am just lucky now I have the V to make me feel like that :D

Jilly, to be honest, I do love the black but the blue definitely has something about it ! Very happy with the colour !

*** Your smiley isnt working ***

OK, Kathy, dont gloat ! LOL ! Just kidding, I am sure it more than makes up for not having the 172 around !

:cool:

7.6cc :D

I dont know why my smilie isnt working, its a normal cliosport one :(

It was a wink, by the way and yes the blue is gorgeous :D

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Dear Mr Welsh Wizard,

Congratulations are in order. I see you got rid of the red skip and got a real mans car again. Hope you have as much fun if not more in this new skud missile.

Hope you are coming down in it next month and not the misses car cause you have got to let me take it out for a raz until my oil burner turns up.

Just remember one thing a 172 is for life and not just for Christmas. (well when I say life I mean until you buy something better ;) )

Hope you are going to put it up the strip in York and go against my oil burner once she is chipped to compare like for like.

Mr Chavyboy

PS Nice colour, when you going to clean it ?

OH Yess Oh Yess Oh Yess (In the famous words of surrealist boy :D )

Mr ChavyBoy,

Thanks for your kind words, yes I was silly in buying the Ka but then all that has been rectified now !

I am coming down to see you Engleeeesh peeps on March 5th as was discussed and of course you can have a go so you realise what you will be missing when you get the Labia !

This 172 is staying for a good while now ! Oh yes !

It is going down the strip at York without a doubt and I will put it up against your family station wagon, no worries !

Mr Random Welsh Bloke !

;)

PS F**k you, it is fecking cold in Wales mind ! I have to walk to the stream to get some water to clean it and that is miles away ! No running water down this way see ! You must be joking !

PPS It will be cleaned on the weekend !

:cry:

Pah ! Just remember to detach the field plough from the tractor before going on the strip ! Dont want you cutting up all the tarmac do we !

Quote: Originally posted by ChavyBoy on 10 February 2004

No specially if you following me up the strip ;)
I think you meant to say :

"No specially if you ARE following me up the strip ;)"

I have an excuse when making mistakes with my English grammar, but then again you are a GEEEEEEEEEEEZA so I will let you off that one !

:p

We will see mate ! How heavy are those tractors anyhoo ?

I thought you said that you would not be taking the Labia up the strip ?

PS Getting a bit off topic here but never mind !

;)

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Nothing wrong with my statement, youd better check again ;)

Nah your right the Fabia isnt going up the strip but I didnt say anything thing about an illegal road race :D

Those are the only mods that I am planning at the moment, maybe a replacement filter too but nothing too big quite yet. I am not sure how Tesco work with regards to mods so when my renewal is up in July I will look at the costs then. Would like to change the wheels at some point but it will take me till July to choose the set I want !

Even in standard form I think she looks and drives great anyway but you can always improve I suppose !

Cheers Daz, I love the way it looks a different colour blue in different lighting. It hasnt quite sank in yet that she is actually sitting on my drive !

Came with a nice private plate on it too so the age is hidden. Planning to get my own private plate anyway.

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 09 February 2004

I actually saw a MINT Williams 1 on the way to pick up my car ! L Reg it was with a youngish guy driving it ! Looked gooooooooooood !
Chances are that was me (L-reg). Theres only my Willy1 in these parts AFAIK. Theres a Willy 3 and two Willy 2s though.

Ben, that is crazy ! You wouldnt have noticed me as I was driving a 106 XND. I took over the Williams around Port Talbot way just past the speed camera part and it was going really slow and then where the M4 splits into 3 lanes the Williams shot off into the distance then ! Was this you ?

If it was then your car is MINT mate ! I said to the missus than it was looking particularly well looked after !

Cheers smooth ! I think so too !

It does need a clean but it looks good at the moment ! Now contemplating what I am going to do to it next ! Managed to get some clear indicators which will go on very soon. Thinking about filter and new wheels but I am not sure yet, have to check how they will affect my insurance.

I had a question about silvervision bulbs, what is the difference between them and the standard bulbs ?

I see, best place to get these from ?

Also, are there any places that will put alloys on your car to show you what they would look like before you purchase them ?

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 11 February 2004

Ben, that is crazy ! You wouldnt have noticed me as I was driving a 106 XND. I took over the Williams around Port Talbot way just past the speed camera part and it was going really slow and then where the M4 splits into 3 lanes the Williams shot off into the distance then ! Was this you ?

If it was then your car is MINT mate ! I said to the missus than it was looking particularly well looked after !

That was DEFINITELY me!!

I work from time to time in hospitals in the Neath/Port Talbot areas and am often on the M4 during the day.

I tend to drive the car slowly, especially in that 50 zone - but sometimes I cant help myself and have to boot it for a while! :oops:

Here he is (its not a "she"):

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/286000-286999/286766_55_full.jpg