ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just got my H&R's back from Bilstein - Question!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Got my H&R's back from Bilstein after an overhaul :)

New inserts, collars etc... all good.

Everything is there but they were sent back in bits rather than complete as the collars were seized. Now putting them back together I'm confused, do top hats seize on or do that hammer on or are they held on with a nut?

Reason I ask is they never had a nut on when I sent them away and they were compressed against the top hat as per normal but now they just fall off?

And another quick 'un - do you reckon they will now be H&R stiff or Bilstein stiff? (poorly asked question I know but can't think of the way to ask it - I'm tired :eek:)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I've just read that back :eek:

I know how a unit goes back together but the top hat part seems to just sit there and not screw down or 'press' into anything - is that correct?

I meant the damping rate on the second question - they were replaced by bilsten like for like as the H&R's use bilstein dampers but I was just wondering if the damping rate will now be the same as a set of b14's or (probably the most likely) be re-rated to H&R's guidelines...