ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just got rid of a 197, now got a 197 F1...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Before you all assume i'm loaded, i'm not! lol
Its a company car, and after 3 months, we have to sell them on.

Anyway, onto my point...

I've had company cars for the best part of 4 years, change them every 3 months, so you can imagine how many cars i've had! Always glad to get rid of one and happy to move onto another. But with the last car, a red 197 with Recaro's, i was genuinely sad to see it go. I LOVED every 3000 miles of it. I actually treated it like my own, cleaning it only ever used Vpower, warmed it up properly before abusing it etc etc. But today, my boss let me register a Black 197 F1 with xenons, Climate etc.

WOW!

Its bloody fanfuckingtastic! I don't know how much is to do with the new gearing they've used over the F1's modifications but the drive is just superb. The car just feels 'right' if you know what i mean. The turn-in is so crisp, the weight distribution under heavy braking is so balanced and the flat out cornering ability is so predictable its untrue!

All i can say is those of you lucky enough to own one, I'M VERY JEALOUS!

(especially if its nimbus with xenons, that would be my 1st choice ;))

Have a nice evening! i'm off out to use some more petrol!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Every three months?! WTF?! :S

That would drive me absolutely, 110%, goddamn insane! Seriously!

If you got a so-so car, then maybe fair enough. But what happens when you get a car you really like? Three months is nowhere near enough to begin exploring what the car can do and make that smile turn into a stupid grin.

So glad you've got the ok for the F1, Dan. But 90 day turnaround for a car would drive me nutts! ;)

D.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Do you sell these cars after the 90 days?

We send the RFL back and put them on the forecourt yeah. TBH, the cars like 197, 225, decent specced dci's etc normally have customers waiting for them so they never actually make it onto the forecourt (my last 197 for instance) but run of the mill s**t like a scenic 1.5 dci can sit on the pitch for anything upto 3 more months!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
WOW!

Its bloody fanf**kingtastic! I don't know how much is to do with the new gearing they've used over the F1's modifications but the drive is just superb. The car just feels 'right' if you know what i mean. The turn-in is so crisp, the weight distribution under heavy braking is so balanced and the flat out cornering ability is so predictable its untrue!

All i can say is those of you lucky enough to own one, I'M VERY JEALOUS!

(especially if its nimbus with xenons, that would be my 1st choice ;))

Have a nice evening! i'm off out to use some more petrol!

That's exactly how I felt after I caned one around Brands. It is a totally different car to the standard 197.

In total agreement with you Dan. It is a fantastic car, fantastic handling.
I love mine.

Airfield?

Black 197
can you let us know the mpg you are getting with this new gearing please after youve put a bit of mileage on it. ta

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Colleague sold my Black R27 this morning(gutted, as treated like my own too)........... only had it 8 weeks!

... the guy bought it who ragged it round brands hatch last week!! must have loved it!

Ordering a cup in white with speedline wheels, Air con and Recaro's today - not available til January though :(

By the way 197 with CUP chassis etc is now available to order for £400.

Fantastic cars chaps

Broken Diesel Megane :(
s**t. knew i should of held out for a r27.

though to be fair, it is immaculate inside and out.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Woooooo there Kilt man!

Careful how you address the old girl, she is very sensitive and if you upset her, well.... you understand the term Reprocussions??? ;)

I genuinely do miss that car...

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
yeah i took the 197 off him.

have you sold your Meggy then?!

indeed i have mate. have moved back to my humble beginnigs of clio ownership, and am loving every minute.

Fair play mate.

I though I reckonised the Orange 225 in there on Sat.

You must like driving down to Bristol. lol

indeed i have mate. have moved back to my humble beginnigs of clio ownership, and am loving every minute.

Fair play mate.

yeah, that will of been GOK, lol.

prefer the drive back up ;) get to see what my new purchase is made of!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Fair play mate.

Its got nothing to do with the drive, its all down to the standard of service he receives from me! (!)

E90
Colleague sold my Black R27 this morning(gutted, as treated like my own too)........... only had it 8 weeks!

... the guy bought it who ragged it round brands hatch last week!! must have loved it!

Ordering a cup in white with speedline wheels, Air con and Recaro's today - not available til January though :(

By the way 197 with CUP chassis etc is now available to order for £400.

Fantastic cars chaps

You on commission Richard? I like you, do i know you ;) lol

Liquid yellow R26 F1
So does the F1 feel any quicker..? as when i drove the 197 i was most dissapointed.. ok, it handles nicely but felt quite sluggish.. My CUP flelt a lot quicker

My brother loved it when he took one down to the Col De Turini for the Top Gear shoot a few months ago.. said it handled well, but could be quicker..