ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just got rid of a 197, now got a 197 F1...

Mine has just done 1k and its loosening up nicely -- fuel efficiancy is improving and the response is notably better ... most owners are saying 5000 miles to get close to its full performance.

It could be quicker in straight line but I dont see how it could corner or stop much better than it does.... awesome car - I absolutely love it. It just feels so assured and solid at the limit that I can live with the straight line speed not being blistering.

MKIII 138
Mine has just done 1k and its loosening up nicely -- fuel efficiancy is improving and the response is notably better ... most owners are saying 5000 miles to get close to its full performance.

It could be quicker in straight line but I dont see how it could corner or stop much better than it does.... awesome car - I absolutely love it. It just feels so assured and solid at the limit that I can live with the straight line speed not being blistering.

straightline isnt the be and end all you jusr end up going way too fast i.e 100-110 very easy and also use lots of fuel. best bits are some early morning empty b roads.

Broken Diesel Megane :(

straightline isnt the be and end all you jusr end up going way too fast i.e 100-110 very easy and also use lots of fuel. best bits are some early morning empty b roads.

agreed.

as above posts also, the handling and braking is incredible, put that together with exceptional performance (not supercar pace, but by no means a slouch) and the car is brilliant.

i am surprised myself to have bought one, because at time of launch i didnt like the looks and thought iwould never match my 172 cup. but i love the looks and the assured handling and performance.

AND THATS ONLY AFTER 3 DAYS!!!!

Liquid yellow R26 F1

I agree, but with any evolution of a new car they invariably get fatter and heavier(most of the time anyway).. + the salesman telling me to take it easy.. LOL. but where my cup feels quite raw, the 197 felt lethargick but then it was quite new, and would needed loosening up.. was also a full fat version as well.. Nice seats though.. good driving position as well.. which is a big improvement.. over the previous model..

never driven a cup, but i dont doubt it being better, i am sure it is. but think only on a track will you notice a real difference.

LY V6 with Recaros
The R27s looks stunning! I love them in LY. I really must get a decent test drive in one of these, the one I had in the 197 was crap, did the car no justice whatsoever.

MKIII 138
never driven a cup, but i dont doubt it being better, i am sure it is. but think only on a track will you notice a real difference.

i mean a 197cup -> R27 there basically identical

i feel the 225cup suspension is rock hard but just on the right side of firm, it does unfortunatley mean that one time your rattle free car goes over a stretch of bad road for a few hundred meters the rattles appear, i wonder if its worth the rock hard R27 ride or if a stock 197 will be good enough but with say climate or xenons added instead.

MKIII 138
The R27s looks stunning! I love them in LY. I really must get a decent test drive in one of these, the one I had in the 197 was crap, did the car no justice whatsoever.

try the new gearbox on a stock 197 you may like it ?

personally if im gonna hold out for lux option and get leather + climate and xenons i dont think a rock hard ride will help the car from rattling there almost 100% rattle free these days if it werent for the mega stiff suspension

personally if im gonna hold out for lux option and get leather + climate and xenons i dont think a rock hard ride will help the car from rattling there almost 100% rattle free these days if it werent for the mega stiff suspension

mine is a full fat 197 with recaros and white speedline wheels and an ipod dock. extra tinted windows. imo i think this a near perfect spec (bar xenons) and i am in no way disappointed by it.

MKIII 138

mine is a full fat 197 with recaros and white speedline wheels and an ipod dock. extra tinted windows. imo i think this a near perfect spec (bar xenons) and i am in no way disappointed by it.

is the handling good ?

is the handling good ?

its brilliant. up until now, i thought my 172 cup was the best handling car i had driven, but i am totally convinced this is better. it just feels so much more solid in a bend, maybe a bit more body roll than the cup, but then the suspension was a good bit harder.

all in all i think the handling is perfect, it has a good response and the turn in is briliant.

aye^ went out in darrens, and was shocked at the amount of grip.. i test drove a 197 a while back, and thought it was good, but wasnt as good as my coil'd 182. was VERY impressed with the 197 though..

and like someone said, you wont notice the difference on the road between no cup packs and cup packs i wouldnt think.. you'd have to push it right to its limits

I think there is a world of difference between the 197 and the 197 cup/r27 ... I have driven both and went from being impressed by the 197 - but not buying it.... to being astonished with the r27 and buying it there and then - it is amazing round the twisties.

As for it having a hard ride -- its not as hard as the mini cooper s I have just sold so that must say something.

aye^ went out in darrens, and was shocked at the amount of grip.. i test drove a 197 a while back, and thought it was good, but wasnt as good as my coil'd 182. was VERY impressed with the 197 though..

and like someone said, you wont notice the difference on the road between no cup packs and cup packs i wouldnt think.. you'd have to push it right to its limits

I dont agree with that - you will notice a considerable difference at all speeds- Or at least I thought I could anyway. At higher speeds there is a big difference between the two.

Will the cup 197 come with the same brakes as the R27?

I think there is a world of difference between the 197 and the 197 cup/r27 ... I have driven both and went from being impressed by the 197 - but not buying it.... to being astonished with the r27 and buying it there and then - it is amazing round the twisties.

As for it having a hard ride -- its not as hard as the mini cooper s I have just sold so that must say something.

i must say im surprised.. do you seriously think on a twisty road, the r27 would out handle the standard 197?

i dont.

i dont think there is/will be a world of differnce between cup/r27. this is an arguement where driver ability has a huge deciding factor in any outcome, and certainly same driver driving both cars on a track, the results would not be as conclusive as expected.

but thats just my opinion.