ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just had an accident!

Yozza'd BG
Feel like s**t as you do!:dead:

I'll be claiming on the insurance so can anybody give me a rough idea how much it's gonna cost them to replace the front bumper, N/S front headlamp unit and radiator?

Many thanks in advance.

Clio 182 arctic
it depends where the insurance company get the quote from, if they go to the dealers it will be expensive. how much is your excess btw, if its 300-400 i would be tempted to fix it without involving insurance. you could get all those parts you mentioned from here for cheap. then all you need is paint.

Clio 182 Cup FF
Is there any damage to the metal work behind it?
A headlight alone through insurance is 200+ with blub if using real parts. however you can always get it done cheaper on your own :)

Yozza'd BG
My excess is £500. There was another car involved so il be going through the insurance as im certain it will be cheaper that way...one person in the other car was complaining of neck injuries which could be expensive!

As far as i can see there is no damage to the metal work Phil. Out of interest...how much is a new bonnet?

Im with DirectLine and cant get through to them today to claim and find out how the claim will be dealt with. Is it likely someone from DirectLine will come round to have a look at the car and the damage? My worry is I have an undeclared yozza on the car and hope this doesnt invalidate my policy!!!

Clio 182 Cup FF
Hey mate, I work in insurance i got a bit of knowledge with this. I wouldnt expect any1 will come and look your car it will normally have a estimate done by a garage. It now depends on the garage if they see the exhuast and mention it but because by the soudns of it its front damage they wont need to mention it. If you got a induction on i would take that off as it would stand out a bit.

If they are claiming for injury then minuim would be a 1k settlement pre medical but normally goes higher then that.
Depending how much your car is to repair will depend if worth paying your excess. However if you dont claim for your car you dont have to pay your excess ( even if the other party put a claim through) But if you do get it done through insurance you know the repair will be top notch.

As when i had my crash i was seeing how much it was going to be to repair it myself and was about 500 but when a proper garage did it etc came to nearly 3k lol.
any other probs let me know mate

Yozza'd BG
Thanks for the advice! My only mod is the yozza so hopefully they pay no attention to the rear of the car!

Should I go to a garage first to get a quote before claiming, in the hope that the quote given is less than my excess, or is it possible for me to use the quote given by the garage contacted by the insurance company and then opt out, or am i locked into claiming at that point in a situation where it is more expensive to do so?

As for a top notch repair...that's exactly what im after!

Clio 182 arctic
Thanks for the advice! My only mod is the yozza so hopefully they pay no attention to the rear of the car!

Should I go to a garage first to get a quote before claiming, in the hope that the quote given is less than my excess, or is it possible for me to use the quote given by the garage contacted by the insurance company and then opt out, or am i locked into claiming at that point in a situation where it is more expensive to do so?

well i know when someone bumped into me in my old clio, instead of repairs i opted for a cash settlement from the insurers, basically i was advised from a solicitor to say that i no longer feel as safe in a car that has been in an accident so therefore i would be looking to sell thus no point in repairing so they offered a cash settlement instead of repairs. the best £1400 iv ever made. it cost less than half that to get it repaired myself from a local bodyshop. its about the only thing renault are good for, giving stupidly high quotes to insurance companies when you need it to be high.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

I wouldnt be worried about the neck claim or damage, un declared mods can result in null and voiding of the insurance.

Very risky buisness that!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
This wont go down well on here but cant you just stick the old exhaust back on, quickly!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If we get it fixed at my place don't worry about the Yozza mate.

Your car will be back better than before.

YHPM! :)