ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just lol, whot the hell bid on this....?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Early 16v ones have the C20XE (aka redtop) engine but later 16v ones have the Ecotec X20XEV engine instead.
They also did the 8v 2 litre C20NE in the calibra.

It says in the advert its not a redtop, so it will be either the 8v or the ecotec.

Looks horrific, shame cause they can be quite nice looking cars if modified with some taste.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Nowt wrong with the ecotec. Makes better torque than the red top just not the choice for ultimate power. That car is awesome though. Why did I never build something like that.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Nowt wrong with the ecotec. Makes better torque than the red top

By "better" do you mean "less"? Or do you just not have a clue what you are talking about?

Peak torque is lower on the Ecotec, it makes only 138lbft compared to the redtops 146lbft, and also the spread of torque is far worse, the XE carries it on far further up the rev range than the asthamatic ecotec.

They are just a totally inferior engine in pretty much every respect, the quality of components is worse, the performance is worse, and they arent even significantly more economical.
The only thing the ecotec really did better was meet a newer emissions standard and be cheaper to make.

From a performance point of view it was a huge backwards step for vauxhall.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
Shame.

I'm always on the lookout for a nice clean standard 16v to use as a daily. I think they still look cool and they are so comfy.

Last One i had was silver with black leather and turbo wheel conversion and I wasn't even selling it. Some guy came in the garage andoffered me silly money for it so I sold it. Wish I never. :(

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I've driven the 8v, it's a dog of an engine. 8 valves sound nutty with an air filter mind you ;).

Was there not 4 wheel drive V6 as well? Or am I making that up

Edit: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1997-VAUX...2633383?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1c252a9aa7

Ive got a 4wd V6 one, but they never existed like that from the factory.

IIRC the possible options of transmission type and engine type were:

2.0 8v
2.0 8v 4wd (f20)
2.0 16v redtop
2.0 16v redtop 4wd (f20)
2.0 16v redtop turbo 4wd (f28)
2.5 v6
2.0 16v ecotec

Ie they never did:
v6 + 4wd
ecotec + 4wd
turbo without 4wd

Mine is a turbo 4wd one but with the engine replaced by a V6

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ah, I sheee.

2.0 8v 4wd sounds...interesting lol

Underneath the pretty frock the calibra is just a cavalier, so it was a platform that already had lots of variants designed for it, so was a case of no reason not to offer them all in the calibra too I would imagine.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
22   0   0
  Clio/A3
'the wife wants the room back beside the house and you know what women are like once they get a bee in there bonnet'

Classic, good find kev :)

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  E46 M3
Lol, I know this car. Its in my parents village and has sat on the drive for at least the past 6 years. I always had a good chuckle at it every time I went past.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Clio 172 Cup
They can look good when done right, i used to have one back when i was a into the whole performance vaux thing.
218057_1014748376613_1462190200_30050950_2477_n.jpg

however that one makes me want to punch a baby narwhal!