ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just ordered a 197

Clio 197 (in black)
Nice! Don't worry about not having Recaros. The standard seats are damn fine (in fact they're the best 'standard seats' I've seen in the class) and the Recaros can get a little uncomfy over longer journeys (so I've heard).

meg1.6
Nice! Don't worry about not having Recaros. The standard seats are damn fine (in fact they're the best 'standard seats' I've seen in the class) and the Recaros can get a little uncomfy over longer journeys (so I've heard).

im not, they just dont do it for me, and yes we went for a drive !

Mark 1 Clio V6
That is a cheap price - I just ordered a racing blue Cup with recaro's and A/C for £14,345.

Main dealer and I'm the first owner too.

Happy enough with that as it's my local dealer and they gave me a good trade-in.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i have the standard seats nd i tihkn they are very good. plus they have a lovely blue sparkle to them :)

Lee

BMW M2C
I've always thought the standard seats were very good. They offer better support than the standard seats in the 182.

I can see where Ralph is coming from on the finish though, they aren't as nicely trimmed as the Recaros in the Trophy but they are far more supportive.

I've ordered Recaros for mine.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I think the treadlines are nicer than the sportsters! FFS there not even half leather!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
That is a cheap price - I just ordered a racing blue Cup with recaro's and A/C for £14,345.

Main dealer and I'm the first owner too.

Happy enough with that as it's my local dealer and they gave me a good trade-in.

I don't think the price is that good tbh. I was offered a R27 with xenons and climate control for under 14K.

Mark 1 Clio V6
Local dealer though (who I have never bought from as previously when I have been buying Renault they haven't been able to offer anything off rrp) - and offered me good money on trade in.

Aberdeen area is full of oil money so not many deals offered around town (some folk must be willing to pay more) I'm afraid so I have never bought local before.

I got offered a black R27 (that they have in the showroom) for as good as the same deal, but it was black and I didn't want that.

£2k off list and better money than I would have got for my trade down south, for Aberdeen that is a bargain!

That's a good deal if it's cash - if it's on finance, then the APR / settlement figure could make the deal look a little more balanced. ;)

I bought my 197 from a car supermarket as parallel import from France for just over £13k with metallic. It had a previous owner for 1 day (I don't understand why), no locking wheel nuts, window etching or alarm. I've since got it to UK spec - bar the etching - and had confirmation from Renault of the 3rd year warranty and AA cover.

At the time, it was far and away the cheapest way I could find of buying a 197. I also owned an import Ph2 172 a few years back, so any fears of re-sale and long-term ownership were settled then.

Going for the car supermarket / import option requires a little bit of homework, but the savings are still good. :)

ST
not really no

the recaros are a must!

Agreed.

really after sitting in, I didnt think they where worth the extra cash

Dreamer.

cup packs and recaro's are two big things i'd be ticking on the options without doubt

+1

really after sitting in, I didnt think they where worth the extra cash

did you just sit in them or take it for a drive with the recaros?

believe me, the recaros are worth the cash on the road.

Listen to the Darren..

Standard seats are garbage IMO..

Cup packs are not officially an option yet

according to the dealers selling on renaultsport they are
trust me...they are not. I was in with renault less than a week ago. cup pack is an option...but the dealers are not authorised to take orders yet...i get the feeling they are waiting till all r27s have been dispatched of first of all. it should be an option early in the new year. check out the 'build your own 197' on the renault site...cup packs are not mentioned....

unless there is someting you know that i don't...that is why i am waiting before buying a 197.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=285968 (posted 14/12/07)

White 197
That's a good deal if it's cash - if it's on finance, then the APR / settlement figure could make the deal look a little more balanced. ;)

I bought my 197 from a car supermarket as parallel import from France for just over £13k with metallic. It had a previous owner for 1 day (I don't understand why), no locking wheel nuts, window etching or alarm. I've since got it to UK spec - bar the etching - and had confirmation from Renault of the 3rd year warranty and AA cover.

At the time, it was far and away the cheapest way I could find of buying a 197. I also owned an import Ph2 172 a few years back, so any fears of re-sale and long-term ownership were settled then.

Going for the car supermarket / import option requires a little bit of homework, but the savings are still good. :)

Hi Ben, how did you get the 3rd year warranty? Did you write to Renault or phone them up. If so can you post me the details. Like you our car came from a car supermarket and I am 100% delighted with it and the saving we made.

standard seats are great!! I dont see that the benefits of recaros justify the price. They become harsh on long journeys and it means you cant have the top of the range stereo as the amp wont fit under the seat!! Good choice, they are great cars!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5

Hi Ben, how did you get the 3rd year warranty? Did you write to Renault or phone them up. If so can you post me the details. Like you our car came from a car supermarket and I am 100% delighted with it and the saving we made.

Just phone Renault customer services & they will tell you all you need to know about getting your third year warranty.

AA cover won't be supplied as it's through renault UK on UK sourced vehicles

Catherine - I followed your purchase online before I bought mine from Motorpoint too! :D

You can either do as g40Steve says, or follow the instructions on the Renault website: www.renault.co.uk > customer services > ask a question > then type "import warranty"

Clio 197 (in black)
IMHO, the standard seats are very good.

How can you justify the opinion that the standard seats are 'garbage' when clearly they are not?

The Recaros are good though... A shame you can't get an amp under the passenger seat.

Without a doubt Recaro's make excellent seats (I miss the electric Recaros - in black nappa leather - in my old Audi S3) however the Recaros in the Clio appear to be made purely for sport and not for comfort over long journeys. The standard seats are a nice compromise between comfort and lateral support.

It's a shame leather isn't an option.

White 197
Catherine - I followed your purchase online before I bought mine from Motorpoint too! :D

You can either do as g40Steve says, or follow the instructions on the Renault website: www.renault.co.uk > customer services > ask a question > then type "import warranty"

Hi Ben,

I see your in Bristol, so I guess you went to Newport for your car? Is it Nimbus or did you manage to get a different colour?