ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just ordered a 197

Turbo LY R27
Nice! Don't worry about not having Recaros. The standard seats are damn fine (in fact they're the best 'standard seats' I've seen in the class) and the Recaros can get a little uncomfy over longer journeys (so I've heard).

LOL, your giving him advice about something you dont even no about or even experienced!:S

Classic!

I have recaros, most comfortable seats ive had.

Clio 197 (in black)
What are you going on about? Why would anyone offer advice on a subject they know nothing about?

Of course I've experienced the Recaros as I've been in a Recaro equipped 197 - just not for a mega-long journey.

Sure they're great seats but the standard ones simply aren't as bad as some people are making them out to be.

The standard seats aren't 'garbage'. They are, in fact, very good!

RB 197 + Cup Pack
according to the dealers selling on renaultsport they are
trust me...they are not. I was in with renault less than a week ago. cup pack is an option...but the dealers are not authorised to take orders yet...i get the feeling they are waiting till all r27s have been dispatched of first of all. it should be an option early in the new year. check out the 'build your own 197' on the renault site...cup packs are not mentioned....

unless there is someting you know that i don't...that is why i am waiting before buying a 197.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=285968 (posted 14/12/07)

I've just ordered a Racing Blue 197 with the Cup Pack for March 1st delivery

Golf R
trust me...they are not. I was in with renault less than a week ago. cup pack is an option...but the dealers are not authorised to take orders yet...i get the feeling they are waiting till all r27s have been dispatched of first of all. it should be an option early in the new year. check out the 'build your own 197' on the renault site...cup packs are not mentioned....

unless there is someting you know that i don't...that is why i am waiting before buying a 197.

knew i wasn't imagining it :S

meg1.6
hmmmm didnt no they did them yet, might phone Bev up and ask her to add them, how much extra are they?

ST
IMHO, the standard seats are very good.

How can you justify the opinion that the standard seats are 'garbage' when clearly they are not?

The Recaros are good though... A shame you can't get an amp under the passenger seat.

Without a doubt Recaro's make excellent seats (I miss the electric Recaros - in black nappa leather - in my old Audi S3) however the Recaros in the Clio appear to be made purely for sport and not for comfort over long journeys. The standard seats are a nice compromise between comfort and lateral support.

It's a shame leather isn't an option.

Don't cry love...

I've tried both and the Recaro's win hands down..

Catherine - I followed your purchase online before I bought mine from Motorpoint too! :D

You can either do as g40Steve says, or follow the instructions on the Renault website: www.renault.co.uk > customer services > ask a question > then type "import warranty"

Hi Ben,

I see your in Bristol, so I guess you went to Newport for your car? Is it Nimbus or did you manage to get a different colour?

Hi Catherine,

Yes, I went to Newport. I wanted mine in Nimbus as it's the most subtle colour, so it was all a very straightforward purchase for me! :D

White 197
Hi Ben,

I see your in Bristol, so I guess you went to Newport for your car? Is it Nimbus or did you manage to get a different colour?

Hi Catherine,

Yes, I went to Newport. I wanted mine in Nimbus as it's the most subtle colour, so it was all a very straightforward purchase for me! :D

Excellent, our car goes to Bristol every day so I am sure we will meet each other in traffic at some point. You may be interested to have a go in our car at some point as it has had a re-map which has really taken the car to another level.