ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just ordered my high spec pc parts! What do you think?

1 Series Coupe
Just ordered these bits, what do you think?

Intel® Core 2 Duo E6600 Dual Core Processor (2.40GHz,4MB Cache,1066MHz)

Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium Edition

Digital & Analogue TV Tuner PCI Card

PCI-Express Mainboard - SLI nForce 650i SLI(C55) - Intel Core 2 Duo/Quad-Core - ATX

4GB DDR2 667MHz Memory -( 4x 1GB )

500GB Serial ATA Hard Drive with 16MB Buffer

18x Dual Layer DVD Writer +R/-R/RW/RAM

2x 256MB nVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT - SLI Configuration

5.1 High Definition onboard sound card - 6 Channel Cinema sound

6x USB 2.0 Ports

2x IEEE1394 Firewire (onboard)

1x Gigabit LAN (onboard)

Multi-format Memory Card Reader

Revels Mum & Sister
Not really seeing the need for 4GB RAM. 2GB would have sufficed

Also why bother with 2 mid range cards? I would personally go for one higher end card as not all games will address SLI properly

1 Series Coupe
Not really seeing the need for 4GB RAM. 2GB would have sufficed

Also why bother with 2 mid range cards? I would personally go for one higher end card as not all games will address SLI properly

There was a free upgrade from 2GB to the 4GB...

Revels Mum & Sister
Where did you order the bits from or is it a ready built system specced to your needs? Wasnt having a dig jut curious about the graphics card choice especially.

8800 would have been a better bet personally

1 Series Coupe
Where did you order the bits from or is it a ready built system specced to your needs? Wasnt having a dig jut curious about the graphics card choice especially.

8800 would have been a better bet personally

Ready built system specced to my needs. I havn't got the time to build a PC at the moment, so i thought just get one made up with what i want in it. Those cards came as standard, and i think those cards arn't too bad for the amount they are to buy.

Punto/Clio GTT
cant see the point in the 2xsli's as rasclart said, should have got an 8800gts/x

i got the same processor, its very good

Clio 1.4 16v
Just curious also, why have you gone for 667mhz ddr??

Surely 800mhz or even the full 1066mhz would have been a wiser choice if the mobo will take it?

Leon Cupra R 225
sounds like a decent spec. anyone know where he ordered it from and is getting it built up? also how much in total did this cost? he's offline :(

Monaro VXR
8500gt's are utter shite there slower than the old 7600's. Not worth the cash. They have been getting slated on review sites for being utter crap.

Other than that everything else seems alright.

T

thecremeegg

agreed, the 8500s are really not worth it....try and negotiate an 8800

RB 182
Just curious... How much did this set you back and what is it being used for?? My CAD designed Dell Precision isn't even to that spec :(

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
where is that from mesh?

im after somthing very similar at the mo. Priced it up at around £8-900 with a 22" samsung tft building it myself!

1 Series Coupe
where is that from mesh?

im after somthing very similar at the mo. Priced it up at around £8-900 with a 22" samsung tft building it myself!

Its from MESH yes.

I customised an optimum gaming machine from them, and ordered the monitor from else where. ie Dell E207WFP. Got rid of the speakers and the keyboard and mouse as i already have them.

Hope this helps

Matt