ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just passed plates

Renault clio 182
was driving home last night in my RB 182 :p and i saw another B 182 so i caught up to try get a lil race going but it was a chick with P plates on and was driving like a noob to the road couldnt beleave it her first car is a 182 clio i had to wait 4 years for my car :S

this was on the A316 by the BP garage in Richmond who was it:approve:

Hyundai i40
they have these plates over here but there R plates

R meaning restricted to 50 mpph

often call r****d, rallye plates

one on the back, one on the front means you can do double 100 mph!!

Clio 1.4 16v (03)
the worlds all about money
all of us would have a 182 cup brand spankin new at the age off 17 if we all had the money and the money to insure it

shes ovb got loads of it or the rents have lol
ah thats life innit
i never used P plates personally but i can c y there a gd idea

BG 182
I never used P plates before, neither have any of my friends.. Im guessing its her parents car while she looks for her own..

Black Gold with cup packs
182 as first car! how old did she look?
I had a 172 in my 2nd year of driving, taught me how to drive after having a few knocks though :), On my 2nd 172 now and been driving 3 years. I didn't write the last on off though went from a ph quick to a phase 2

Clio 172 phase 2 cup
Definately a option having Ls was bad enough if you ask me but passing test then putting P plates is silly IMO

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Putting on P plates when it's not compulsory says to me that they've just passed their test but don't feel confident enough to drive solo in which case they shouldn't be on the road in the first place .

Clio 172 phase 2 cup
Putting on P plates when it's not compulsory says to me that they've just passed their test but don't feel confident enough to drive solo in which case they shouldn't be on the road in the first place .

Agree with this 100% your either a learner who is accompanied by a driver of 3yrs plus or a driver who is able to pass his/her test and drive on the roads as everyone else, obviously taking their time to get use to it as experience coutns for everything.

Cooper S
My friend had lessons in his dads 2.5V6 Alfa 156... He had a brand new Punto Sporting as his first car (the T Reg shape). We used to borrow the Alfa loads, he never crashed...that car sounded mint!

al

ST on the way...
My g/f is learning in our VTS, as long as you're careful I can't see a problem :)

W

wickedbitch

I used p plates just to warn others that i was new and nervous really but i was glad i had em, i'd learnt to drive in 1.9tdi and then got a 1.4 and found it really hard to adjust to it!!!!!

330i. E30 Touring.
was driving home last night in my RB 182 :p and i saw another B 182 so i caught up to try get a lil race going but it was a chick with P plates on and was driving like a noob to the road couldnt beleave it her first car is a 182 clio i had to wait 4 years for my car :S

this was on the A316 by the BP garage in Richmond who was it:approve:

You wanted to race on the A316? The road with the most speed cameras in the area! Crazy! A4 next? haha

Black-Gold 182
My first car that I properly drove on a regular basis after passing my test was my dad's Saab 93 - 2.3L! Ok, I was covered in a loop-hole on his company insurance (it appears that his MD wanted his 17 year old son to be able to drive his car, so EVERYONES company insurance had it!) Was ace - was expecting to get pulled over all the time - never did though :(. Understeered like a dog, and had torquesteer that puts a VXR Astra to shame! Was a really comfortable car though.

black gold 182
i used P plates once on my mates veilside MR2 for a laugh, public must have thought we were right nobs lol.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
we put L plates and my mums driving school sign on the roof of my old coilovered clio lowered about 100mm for falkirk cruise one night was quite funny looking!

Works...kind of...
I can see why some nervous drivers would use P plates, and it helps us to know to keep a wide berth.

I never used any though, I jumped right in! And (touch wood) only had 1 minor bump in 2.5 years of driving.

Williams 1
the worlds all about money
all of us would have a 182 cup brand spankin new at the age off 17 if we all had the money and the money to insure it

No we wudnt, we would have a much better car if we had the money, do you honestly think if money was no object you would buy a clio?