ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just picked up, Scirocco R content

Turbos.
Interesting to know!

Sorry to hijack, but what is your view on the cokeing up of the E888 engine? On the US forums everyone talks about replacing 'something' (can't remember what it is!) to stop problems, which included power loss. Any idea what i'm talking about?!

I've driven 250 miles over the weekend and have to say the DSG box is seamless when just driving around normally, literally you cannot feel the gearchange. I opened the taps up a couple of times (bearing in mind i am running it in) and it makes a nice pop on the upchange but it it needs to be slotted into sport for a better feel. I think ultimately its competence is its undoing in terms of enjoyment; when gunning it in the CSL the paddleshift was ace, but bloody awful around town.

53 Clio's & counting
No problem guys, glad to help :)

Rob, can you send me a link? Il have a look for you and see what they mean.

(PS, make sure you're using lots of load, just keep the revs sensible for a little bit, plus lots of engine braking)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I would prefer this over the golf.The lines just make it a real looker.The golf could be a tdi,its just not special enough(for me)to look at.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Good post Russ. That £3.5k figure rings some bells here - I'm sure a similar figure was quoted on one of the A5 DSG boxes when that went. 8-speeder on that though, so maybe that bumped up the price?

As for the Scirocco not being 4WD - could it be simply due to space limitations in the rear floorpan and/or into the rear cabin area? I suspect there will be a hefty weight saving though - just being 2WD? However, I've no idea of the kerb weight comparison between the Golf and Scirocco to begin with.

D.

Turbos.
Must we a fair saving in terms of weight and drivetrain loss. Saw a vid on YT with a Golf (400bhp) versus a Rocco (360bhp) and if anything the Rocco looked like it had the legs.

Cam follower! Thats it! Something to worry about then?

Snotter's
They can shows signs of wear at 20k plus, but they are easy to check and cheap to sort so i wouldnt worry.

I ran my s3 mapped for 40k and i never had any issues.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Seeing as your golf R is brand new i'd wouldn't imagine you'd have to worry about a cam follower as its unde warranty.

Disastra Coupe
Quick question, my Boss has a Transporter with a DSG box... Lazy as hell and then other times will snatch like mad. He got told by VW "That's how it's meant to be" LOL!

Is this the same box you're referring to Russ?

53 Clio's & counting
Hey dude, no it shouldnt snatch at all, id tell him to take it to another VW commercial dealership and ask for a second opinion

53 Clio's & counting
Or it's been moved about from cold? Most new cars show low mpg as they are moved from workshop to valeting bay to petrol station etc

This one ^ (someday)
Or it's been moved about from cold? Most new cars show low mpg as they are moved from workshop to valeting bay to petrol station etc

Yep thats the reason, i took that photo about 1 minute after turning the car on for the first time (in our ownership)