ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just spent bloody hours going threw search but...

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
i still cant find any info about what would cause my engine to drop the aux-belt into the inside drivers arch and give me sparks from the pulleys side on hitting arch/chassis
or
why my dogbone is sitting squint,
also my dogbone is a ph1 solidplastic body instead of aluminium body which is on my 8v of the same age,also where it bolts to chassis its got a 70mm square rubber inch thick thing which has a thread section in the centre and a wee inch metal circle around the thread.

i have noticed today with the car on stands that the steering is basically moving my engine side to side when on over half turns, this will be causing the belt side of engine to get pushed into the arch but why??

also been reading that many d/s are different sizes,lenths and once again the shafts are from a clio same age/size just 8v

anyone?atall?

thanks.

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
just had another inspection and it seems that the steering is moving my engine side 2 side but also when spinning the disc or wheel i cant get full turns and the engine/box is moving side to side,
so my mounts maybe are a wee bity loose but my box is jamming and causing the extra movement in my mounts,i dont think its the mounts as there all fine-ish its my diff again ,just replace my circlip last week an now gettin crunches so could be circlip sliping out or something stopping my shafts turning

any ideas imput?
my first thread i mention my dogbone being squint and a ph1 plastic with a stupid square rubber bit,also the driveshaft from a 1.6 8v different to a 1.6 16v??same age