ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just test drove the 182!

compaird to my 1.2 16v to a 2.0 16v it wasnt fast not wot i was expecting mabey cause it had only been 500 miles but really not what i was expecting but they are giving me a good trade in on ma car!

Volvo S60 T5

Did you get the revs up, they are a lot faster than a 1.2 especially when you get it over 4500rpm.
Nice rapid motor

obv i know its faster than mines yeh alot but still not wot i thought did do a bit of motorway driving aswell althu there was 4 in car to which might make a diffrence and took it over 5 k a good few times

im no doing it ill go elsewhere he wont drop the on the road price with cup pack with finance if i pay cash hel drop 1100 off it so ill shop around 1st

Mark, I ordered mine on friday and got a cracking deal on my S plate 98 1.2 8v with 42,000 on the clock. Had to haggle as the sales guy came out with the line were here to make a profit, but after threating to work away and take my business to another dealer in the area he gave me what I wanted.

What colour you going for??

A few of my mates have got 172s and they said that when they test drove them they thought it was a little poor, but you have to adapt to the car. I took one of my mates who has a 172 with me to order the 182, and he said that the 182 picks up better than his 172, we both drove it and the sales guy was more than happy to let us try it out. I just cant wait to get it now.

im applying for loan now selling mines private (using dads mg till its sold and new 182 arives) so iff all works out prob be silver or i might wait n see what deal i can get on a yellow 1 inshurance is looking like 120 a month thu :(

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

120 not bad, im paying 150 for mine atm. I got a quote for a 172 thats about 1900 an that works out i think 160/170 a month, bit much.

GW Clio 200

Mark if you talk like you write you must be retarded. Not only was it uninformative, it was incomprehensable.

I must ask why on earth you are buying the 182 if, as you so eloquently stated " it was not what I expected."

Elise/VX220/R26

if you felt no difference between a 1.2 16 valve and a 182 you cannot possibly have been driving it "properly" I take it you had a salesman at the side of you? I had a 1.4 Fiat bravo before the 172 and its just in a different world. Its like comparing a TVR tuscan with a push bike fella!

like i say its much faster than ma 1.2 16v but i just thought it would be even faster and like you say now i think about it they have a shift light dont they because i didnt see it once lol and will be mainly because he was beside me yeh so mabey once i get one ill be surpriesd well i hope (but like i say its much faster than ma 1.2 16v obv)

Quote: Originally posted by mark_cliomk3 on 11 April 2004

as im sure it will be better once been a few k plus ik kit new back box and mabey some head work and a chip you cheeky f**ker!!!!
can anybody tell me what this garbage means ?

^to the above, you posted anything worth while yet chief?

Mark, if you had 4 people in the car it makes a big difference, its not a turbo, so torque doesnt make passengers feel as though they aint there. Once you get to take it out on your own im sure it will haul ass. My Williams is pap with 4 people and I notice having 1 person in.

Quote: Originally posted by Milf Hunter on 11 April 2004

as im sure it will be better once been a few k plus ik kit new back box and mabey some head work and a chip you cheeky f**ker!!!!

Im sure it will be better once the car has been run in for a few thousand miles. Plus with the addition of an induction kit, new back box and maybe some headwork combined with a chip, the performance of the car will undoubtably improve. You cheeky monkey.

;)

Remapped derv Golf

:confused:100 bhp more and it wasnt alot faster!

My VTR was way slower than my CUP and a VTR is quicker than a 1.2 Clio.

Do the fecking maths

Ph1 172

Mark, how many miles has your clio done, an what mods has it got on it.

Ive only got my one lowered and 17s on it, with 22k on the clock and im looking at 5100 on a trade in for a cup.

some still dont get it it was much faster than my car MUCH just expeted more thats all iv got 48000 miles ,17" wheels with 60mm springs colourcoded and spokes painted as momo x1 wheels lexus lights powerflow back box momo pedals nob and handbrake ik with relocation ktr ss front grill but when they looked over it there was like 6 of them so one of them will prob be taking the wheels for themself and fitting sh*tters back on if i take wheels back they wont give me that price but if i was getting the 182 the wheels seem no bad any way

best bit is went to another garage today they will only give me 3800 for my car and cant come even close to what other garage offerd and to be honest sounded like he thought i was bull sh*ttin him said if not deffo go for it so im going to another 2 renault garages today

Quote: Originally posted by mark_cliomk3 on 12 April 2004

best bit is went to another garage today they will only give me 3800 for my car and cant come even close to what other garage offerd and to be honest sounded like he thought i was bull sh*ttin him said if not deffo go for it so im going to another 2 renault garages today
any chance you could make your posts easier to read, its like trying to read what a r****d has written

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

Quote: Originally posted by RTvalver on 11 April 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Milf Hunter on 11 April 2004

Im sure it will be better once the car has been run in for a few thousand miles. Plus with the addition of an induction kit, new back box and maybe some headwork combined with a chip, the performance of the car will undoubtably improve. You cheeky monkey.

;)
hehe class

thanks, lol

I personally think Mark is a billy bullsh*tter, hes one of those people that just talks about what car hes going to get, never actually buying it.

Hey Mark, did i tell you that im going to buy a V6 255, and then have it fitted with 17 turbos, 3 superchargers and 47 bottles of NOS ( i need NOS man, gimme two bottles ! ) it must be true because im actually saying it, people wouldnt say things unless they were true ! ;)

em well we will c nob end and y would i say that since this will be ma 3rd new clio im deffo getting 182 other garage are going to give me a good deal but if i can get my own loan and sell private i can get yellow for a really good price so ill let u know when its orderd w**ker!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Quote: Originally posted by mark_cliomk3 on 12 April 2004

Hello there, I insist I am telling you the truth, for why would I lie to you. This will be the third clio I have bought new, which automatically means that I will definately be getting the Clio 182. I must be totally minted! The garage that I visited are going to give me a good deal but if i can get my own loan and sell privately, I can get the Clio in Yellow and for a really good price, rather than using the Renault Financial services. I will let u know when its orderd you wrist shaker!

Translated.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

The pleasure is all mine. You see it did take me a few mins to translate though. Babblefish has now crashed due to how hard it had to work. <SCRIPT language=javascript>