ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just took car for a quick run for fags

172/1.2/E30
Smokin is bad dude... ;) Seriously: probably a problem with the steering angle sensor or brake pedal switch. Needs diagnostics.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I've had this for years, I just switch off the ESP/TC every time before I start the car,
it doesn't happen anymore, but I know it's still there.

I have an RSTuner box and it says nothings wrong, so I just gave up caring tbqfh.

But it's normally brake pedal switch, steering angel sensor, or ABS related,
although there's sod all wrong with any of mine, I did have an ABS cable that needed replacing a few years ago,
so mines probably left over from that, but seeing as I never use the ESP/TC it doesn't really bother me.

Focus RS + S3
mine used to do it once a week, was the brake pedal switch, there's a guide on here how to adjust it, hasn't happened since, takes 2 minutes to do

Clio 197
I thought this thread was about gays ?! Haha

Back on topic - has it done this since ? If not it could just be a French electrical gremlin rearing it's head, it may come back , it may not. If its not on all the time then I wouldn't worry

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Mine did this, first time for the ABS ring needing changing, got a new one off eBay for £5, and then more recently the brake pedal sensor, bought a new one for £12