ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just Waiting at lights.... Patiently...When....

Clio 182 (Black Beauty)
to be honest if my car was in a smash like that then i think id rather it be a write off. Cars are never completely right after a prang.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Never nice to see but you sure it was 40mph?? Coming to a halt from 40mph would of made a complete smash surely?

Good luck with getting it all sorted anyway.

clio 172 black
the car planted itself under mine.. not straight on damage to the bumper...

went under the car and hit the exhaust and damaged all that instead! :(

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Very odd, glad no one was hurt.

I looked at a few vids on youtube of crashes at 40mph and the damage is insane..yours looks like 10-15mph at most.

clio 172 black
Ive had a PM from a member on here looking to buy it if it does get written off.

Then ill be wanting around 7500-7800 for it from insurance to buy a direct replacement.....

30k miles bearing in mind I had just had the cambelt and 36 k service.

:(

may even look to buy a TT. Racing Blue 182 or another performance hot hatch.

clio 172 black
Hmmmm I dont know really what I can expect to receive but they surely gotta replace like for like! :S

one with 30 k miles in the immaculate condition mine was in is about 7500

Ad

MK2 FRS
think realistcally your looking at 6500, thats what its worth retail mate.

I think its fair to expect to have a really sore neck etc after that. I was hit at about 20mph and you could hardly tell on the car and I had quite a sore neck.

clio 172 black
I paid 7000 for it... so ill contest and appeal till I get it ..!

Hmmm

So Ill wait until its confirmed a write off, then start looking for another vehicle

Mini Cooper S sport
Ouch..

Pain in the neck, quite literally. I expect you'll get compensation though, you could put that towards something better?

BMW M135i
I've just bought a 53 plate with less miles for 6.5k so I think you'll find they'll offer you less. You can fight it but I guess they'll only go so far.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
will be a write off mate, i was hit in the rear at about 10-15mph and that was nearly a write off and mine only had rear damage, yours is front and rear, more expensive panels etc, sorry to hear about it.

bloke needs doing for dangerous driving through not paying attention

80MPG BEEZA
looks like the ns light is cracked to + front bumper + bonnet then the rest, i'd check all the doors and roof for any marks or creases i'd say it will get written off the alot of the cars damaged

clio 172 black
Hmmm around 6k to repair it then...

and it sounds like its going ahead! Subject to confirmation from 3rd party. (the f**king cockend who smashed into me)

no chassis damage... just.......

new front bumper
new rear bumper
new tailgate
new bonnet
new wing on the offside
new headlight
new boot-floor
new slam panel
f**k loads of metallic black paint

What do we think?

can i contest for a total loss?

I would want it written off if it were my car. Wouldnt have the confidence in it.

If it was hit @ 10mph then it would be a different story.

clio 172 cup
dont clio have crumple zones that cant b replaced r am a talking s**t again lol whiplash is 1st i'd say then with 5grand and a few more pennys 182 on the way sound gd?

clio 172 black
yeh it does ive got my eyes on one boss

but i spent 400 nicker on cambelt 36k service (4k early) and various bits n bobs!

so i need that back

and i dont think theyll let me have the Total loss money if they have offered to repair it! will they ?

but if its got no chassis damage.... and it comes back with pretty much all new panels.... and looking SPANKING :D should i really care?

182 Cup Inferno
has anyone on here had a similar experience??

was it written off?

Whats the rules for a write off / total loss?

Can this mess be repaired?!

mine looks totally worse than yours from the rear end and i had floor damage, coming back from garage soon after two and a half weeks

the person was going about 20 mph.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
It shudnt be.

Only gets recorded if it is written off under a Cat Rating....

This will get marked on the insurance system, but no one will have access to that even under a HPI check.

Im pretty sure thats how it all is ^^

Ad

MK2 FRS
As has says it wont go onto the register if it is not written off.

The basic rules for repair are 70% of value. (differs insurance company to company and risk of the cost increasing are taken into account)

if the actual cost comes to 6k then id expect that to be written off.

Bear in mind when others talk about what theyve had repaired it may differ due to the cars age and relative value. (i.e. a 6k clio is easier to write off than a 12k one)