ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just what do you do with old computers

Storm Grey 200
I have a old G4 Quicksilver mac here, and its been sat under a desk for a good few years. What am i supposed to do with it?

Bin, Ebay (and get about £10), or can i do something good with it?

mac fish tank....

You'll still get a few quid for a Mac.

I have 2 laptops and a tower sat in a pile in the corner. I'll do something with them one day.

Clio MK III Dci 106
Donate them to a charity or give them to an after school club, silversurfers club. The G4 will fetch a few quid on ebay or gumtree.

Storm Grey 200
hmm, I might try an put a fresh instal of leopard on it, cant seem to find my disk tho :(

I also want to get rid of my macbook pro 17 if anyone is interested, or will do a swap for a 13" macbook. with a bit of cash my way.

On the otherhand i might just blow it up and youtube..

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
hmm, I might try an put a fresh instal of leopard on it, cant seem to find my disk tho :(

I also want to get rid of my macbook pro 17 if anyone is interested, or will do a swap for a 13" macbook. with a bit of cash my way.

On the otherhand i might just blow it up and youtube..

I'd put tiger on a G4 quicksilver, tiger is far more suited for a machine of that age.

Wish I still had my old G4 quicksilver.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I dont have a tiger disk...

You have the internets though.

What speed is the CPU in it as leopard won't install on anything lower than 800Mhz.

I can't remember now what speed quicksilvers went up to, but I don't think it was that high, mine was a 733.

The case opening mechanism on them is awesome though.

Storm Grey 200
lols the case opening IS awesome, I upgraded the cpu when i got it so i could run protools, so its a 1.8ghz iirc

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
lols the case opening IS awesome, I upgraded the cpu when i got it so i could run protools, so its a 1.8ghz iirc

Ahh. Leopard would be ok then, I'm still using a G4 powerbook (1.5Ghz) with leopard as my main machine here at home!