ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K&N filter for a 1.4?

just a quick question, will a k&n filter for my 95 1.4 rt clio make any difference in sound, power, throttle responce etc but mainly sound?

are we talking k&n induction kit or panel fiilter? induction kit will improver sound, but not really do anything for performance. Panel filter wont really do much of anything on a 1.4

ok well benefit of a k&n panel filter is you never have to replace it, and should be more free flowing so in theory give better response. If you'd notice it on a 1.4 or not is debateable

clio3 1.4i 16v dynamique
hi lads i have a 1.4 clio new shape and its pretty quick and its standard ive had 115mph out of it so far it will do more .i know .ive being thinking about putting a k&n kit on mine as well

A silver Honda
lol, don't drill the airbox!

K&N are the cheapest, you will notice a difference in throttle response (well i did) and noise!

mine

500800_25_full.jpg

Open Induction kits need a good cold air supply remember.

Not being funny but those filters are killer, esp if your thinking of trying to squeese ou some performance.

I had/have a 1.4RT and the only way i could squeese noticable power out of it (and it wasn't much, just rev'd bit more freely) was Exhuast - Decat - and Hillpower induction.

If you not heard of hillpower check em out. ECU tweaked will def mke a difference with the above mods.

Also rips out back seats loose spare wheel and dont carry any passengers ;)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ Mine keeps the hot air out and cost me fcuk all to make , just £30 for new a k+n cone filter of ebay ;)

KN5aSmall.jpg

Make one yourself why pay alot of money for a piece of metal ??

Punto/Clio GTT
i put a piperx on my 1.4 8v. didnt notice any power gains or loss, but it made the engien sound so so mucb etter. could be in my head but i thought it seriously drank the petrol afterwards though :S

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive got a different engine (D4F 1.2 16v) but you will be able to do simmilar on your engine.

the airbox on mine had a seperate chamber so it still held air but kept the engine quiet, probably helps with fuel economy etc so i cut that out so its all 1 big chamber..
image004smallyl9.jpg

now the airflow was improved which made a noticeable difference combined with my HKS panel filter (which i also custom made) but the standard cold air feed seemed a bit narrow and restrictive so i replaced that with a slightly wider one...
image008lu3.jpg

the members who have heard my car will tell you themselfs that its twice as loud as any induction kit you can get for the engine, infact sounds like its got a stealth exhaust on it when its got the standard system! sounds mental and goes better than other 1.2 16vs too!

martin your car propbably only goes better becaquse its done oveer 100k miles, not because of your cold air feed setup. Not saying it makes no difference, but the mileage probably makes more difference

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Final_Maxim said:
i put a piperx on my 1.4 8v. didnt notice any power gains or loss, but it made the engien sound so so mucb etter. could be in my head but i thought it seriously drank the petrol afterwards though :S

yes mate i was sure of this 2 i think i was gettign somethign stupid liek 160 miles 2 a tank

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
theduckeatspork said:
martin your car propbably only goes better becaquse its done oveer 100k miles, not because of your cold air feed setup. Not saying it makes no difference, but the mileage probably makes more difference

dont get me wrong the miles help but it didnt pull on some 1.2s before the mod was done, same goes for a mates 1.4 8v saxo, we were both neck and neck sometimes he edged away a bit but now i can pull on him