ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K&N Induction Kit

1*4 phhslow
Hiya i have had the k&n57i kit on my car for 2-3 yrs now took it to the garage to ask him a question about an engine prob ... he helped me with that then said 'i hope you got a re map when you fitted that induction kit '
i was like no didnt realize i was supposed to he said its becasue it changes all the heat and all that ?????

so the question is should i have a re map on my car according to what he said ????

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
They can suffer from heat soak but it's minimal from my experience . You definitely don't need a remap as your ecu will adjust itself according to how much air is allowed in through the filter .

Your mechanic is kinda right with the heat soak but way off the mark with the remap i'm afraid .

1*4 phhslow
o right cool so dont need to worry about it then really.. just thought i would make sure
thanks for your help

BMW M4; S1000 RR
o right cool so dont need to worry about it then really.. just thought i would make sure
thanks for your help

The ECU won't control how much air is drawn through the filter. An NA engine by nature sucks it's air in, thus it will take in as much air as possible. But the ECU will control how much fuel goes into the engine to keep your AFR at an acceptable level.

You might be losing power and fuel, but the cheaper option will be to leave it as is. By the time you've had a remap and dyno time you'll have used months worth of fuel anyway.