ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec Brake Upgrade For 182

Clio 172 Cup
Hey Guys,

Ive been looking at K-Tec's front and rear fast road brake kits along with the stainless steel hose kit and was wondering what the kit is like and if its worth the ££££ or is there an alternative?

Cheers
M@

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Braided hoses are aparently worth the money, i have them but id be hard pressed to tell you the difference (Mainly because they've been on from day one)

Rear brake upgrades are a HUGE waste of cash, the rears do nothing at all.

If it was me i'd fit some stock brembos (HC's but thats the std disk anyway) and some carbon pads of some kind, ok so they wont work too well when cold but they are stunning when up to temp.

Tangoed Works
DS2500 Ferodos with brembo HC discs and braided lines for £200 delivered by Yozzasport. Excellent for all round road useage.

Mike@Rentech as some bargain HC discs in stock right now.

Call him for details and delivery.

a thirsty one
i ran some drilled and grooved discs on past cars and no problems cracking but i think its a case of get what you pay for with them seen some real cheap looking jobs on e-bay that i wouldnt let within 100yards of my hubs.

hc get good write ups and ds2500 pads have a very good reputation.

Golf R soon...
I had K tec cross drilled discs all round for around 18 months and did not crack once!!!

Same here, I've had the front and rear kit from K-tec fitted since Jan 07 and I've not had a single problem. They look pretty decent behind turinis :)