ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-tec Exhausts

Integra DC5 Type R

Alrite fellas...

I am thinking of getting an exhaust and decat from k-tec. wat do you guys think of em?

Secondly, with k-tec, can you see the silencer behind the tailpipe? I would prefer just to see the tailpipe and have the silencer hidden up behind the bumper (i.e. the tailpipes would have to exit the silencer at its bottom).

Cheers, Rick

K-tec exhausts are perfectly good for the money, a nice noise, good construction and build quality and can give small gains. However, theyre not as brilliant as everyone makes them out to be, theyre boomy on the motorways which means theyre not close to being top quality systems (they use a naff baffle instead), but you cant expect the best for £300.

Not sure about the other bits, dont think k-tec offer that.

-Rob

Integra DC5 Type R

Cheers for the reply Rob. All i meant with the rest is that from behind i dont want to see the silencer, only the tailpipe section... therefore the exit tailpipe must come out of the bottom of the rear silencer, so the majority of it is hidden behind the bumper... just wondered if k-tec have considered this in thier designs

Rick

im gettin 1 of these on sat, the twin round 3" exit, ill post details bout it at the weekend prob so keep a look out

im paying £250 fully fitted etc

as for boomy rob, didnt notice that wen u drove me round 2 hear it...

i have a k-tec on my valver & i do think its too loud, but they have promised to swap the middle section for free for one with a larger baffle, which should make it quieter...but the quality is good for the price

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

Rick, the tailpipes are positioned at the bottom of the rear silencer so only the tailpipes are on diisplay and not the bottom of the silencer. Please call me if you would like any more details on the systems as some posts can give the wrong impression.

David.

Skoda Fabia vRS

if you can go down to K-Tec and have a look, that would be the best option, depends where in the country you are though obviously

im happy with my K-Tec system...

Integra DC5 Type R

Cheers for your replies folks. K-Tec Racing answered my "looks" question perfectly! :) I am in Aberdeen :-( so i am having to rely on pictures and peoples comments/advice. Will keep lookin for your post Boyracer666, cos i want to go for the twin 3" round aswell... with decat!

Thanks again, Rick

Renault Laguna Sports

The twin 3" is one of the neatest looking exhausts around. Ive got one on my 1.2 16v, loud , but what the hell. :devilish:

Mini Cooper S JCW

i have the 4.5" slash cut, same as bruns with ktec decat. my god its mental!!! ;)

wil try n sort out some video/wav files soon!

Integra DC5 Type R

Nice lights pretender... same as mine. the twin 3.5 does look cool like, and the larger baffle might be an idea to quieten if too loud, especially with a decat fitted... does a larger baffle restrict air flow more?

m888arc some video and wavs would be good to see!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Chris nnic on 17 September 2003

Im doing the same, twin 3", get the pics on if poss.
When you getting that mate?!

Would like a listen to see how loud it is...

Want a system for mine, but do not want too much noise, as Ive been there, done that and Im all grwed up now! ;)