ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k-tec exhausts

Use the digicamera to record a short clips, upload to a homepage(if you have one), make a hyper link in the message...... then all the people can enjoy the clips.....

Planning to make a clip for 0 to 100km after I got my k-tec installed. The exhaust will arrive either this week or next week.... I cant wait to see how it sound.....

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

right hmmm, it is loud, but sounds good. magnex is so much quieter though...what to do.... ur not too keen on them r u bambam

nah, poor quality stainless steel is used, as you can hear, the noise as too loud inside the car, around 70mph it resonates at the wrong frequency and the fit of them is far from perfect

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

well uve put me right off! what are scorpion like? finding 1.6 exzausts is a nightmare!

personally i prefer scorpion to any other exhaust, very good quality, very good fit, not too loud, look perfect with a 3 1/2" round tailpipe and the overall quality of the welds is surpassed only by magnex

anyone got the ktec discreet exhaust for the MKII172 yet? i am very interested in this only if its good quality and doesnt resonate @ motorway speeds.. also any sound clips?? please indicate if its the discreet model and if it has the sports cat or slienced center section

Thanx

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

cliotuRS thats what this whole thread has been about...y not try reading it! and hearing the clip posted!!

..err i did, but knowone has, so i asked if they were gonna? :confused: and what it sound like etc.. becuase some poeple were recieving theres a few posts back.. but no updates were added???? i was gonna suggest that if anyone was having trouble uploading they could email me them and i would host any videos or sound clips.

sorry :cry:

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Quote: Originally posted by Rick_172 on 07 April 2004

Got mine fitted yesterday. I am well pleased with it. I had to wait a month or so because i chose a tailpipe which isnt usually a choice for the 172 systems. I chose the single 3.5" round, and the guys at K-tec had no problem sorting this for me. Well worth the wait though.

As for sound, i went for the silenced system, and I am glad i did. The note is just perfect. Its loud enough to be noticed, without sounding ridiculous. its a good deep purr, and a very sporty/powerful sounding note.

I expect it will get louder when my Janspeed de-cat is fitted. Will post some pics when i can download from my digital camera
he has got his for the 172 ...and posted about it. stll no harm asking for more clips i guess

Quote: Originally posted by tim_clio on 04 April 2004

this probalbly sounds daft but how loud are the k-tec exhausts, im thinking about getting one for my phase 3 1.2, but i dont want it to be too loud.
I recently got the K-Tec system incl Manifold, De-Cat and Exhaust for my mk1 16v.

F**K ME its loud!!!

Backfires like a mo-fo and the flames are quite impressive ive been told.

Sounds the business, specially with the Pipercross upfront.

You can get the removable baffler though if your worried about the noise level.

if i get the manifold with my system will that make a big difference in the sound? im getting the ktr twin 3" WILL ITHE K2 SOUND THE SAME AS THE K6?