ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k-tec exhausts

this probalbly sounds daft but how loud are the k-tec exhausts, im thinking about getting one for my phase 3 1.2, but i dont want it to be too loud.

Integra DC5 Type R

you can get quieter ones now tho. you specify with David when u order. will let you know when mine arrives this week ;-)

do they fit under the standard bumper or will i have to modify it slightly? alsodo you know if the twin 3" outlet is available for the 1.2?

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

Are Clio Mk2 and 3 exhausts are now available with a centre section which has a silencer as well as the rear silencer. Up to now the systems have only had one rear silencer which did give them a nice sporty sound which a few have deemed to be a little loud. This new centre section quietens the noise down and should appeal to those wanting a quieter system.

David.

Mazda MX5 1.8

so has anyone got one of these with the new centre silencer? sounds like a better idea that a f**k off loud one.....

hopefully will get a k-tec twin 3" on my 172 within this two week, then will make a clips for you guys.... cheers.....

Burgandy 174 sport t

mines is mega loud, not sure if its suppose to be??? baffles blowin out or summit??

they got a warranty ??

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

Iain, all our systems have a warranty so if there is a problem it will be replaced.

David.

it is loud on the motorway - but I have heard worse - mine is a quieter version - fitted jan 2004. Brill though, highly recommend, performance gain too.

I have got one on my Clio 16v Turbo with three boxes. Cant hear the exhaust at all from the inside. Sounds really nice on the outside. I would get one. But the turbo is probably the main thing that quitens mine down to be honest

Well... Me n my mate were down at K-tec today getting his K6 fitted to his 1.2 16v!!

Looks very nice & sounds wicked! I have to say it aint too loud tbh... But I dont know if he got one or two silencers? But David should know as it was only fitted today??

It sounds good tho :) its loud enough to hear from inside with all windows up... but once u got the stereo on u cant hear it! and on the motorway we had the music on again so we couldnt hear it!

I reckon im not gonna go for the remus dupluxs anymore and go to k-tec :D

can they make it loud for in town but quiet for motorway driving? i want to turn some heads when crusing but dont want it boomy on the motorway. im getting the twin 3". would u say they make the little 1.2 16v sound more powerfull?

Oh yes :D and along with hill power induction kit with relocation pipe it produces quite a natural sound on his 1.2 16v!

and its not that loud when he aint booting it so hes got the best of both worlds, and it sounds very nice when idling to!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

sounds clips could be good here as im considering one too. just cant afford for it to give me a headache on the motorway

hmmm will see what I can do about getting a sound clip of my mates K6! will probably just be a video clip with sound tho!

well what can i say had mine on for a few mnths and i luv it to bits good roar when u boot it but thats not always tho.nice sound to when it;s idelinging aswell :D

Quote: Originally posted by connor on 06 April 2004

Well... Me n my mate were down at K-tec today getting his K6 fitted to his 1.2 16v!!

Looks very nice & sounds wicked! I have to say it aint too loud tbh... But I dont know if he got one or two silencers? But David should know as it was only fitted today??

It sounds good tho :) its loud enough to hear from inside with all windows up... but once u got the stereo on u cant hear it! and on the motorway we had the music on again so we couldnt hear it!

I reckon im not gonna go for the remus dupluxs anymore and go to k-tec :D
can they make it loud for city driving but queit for motorway driving, no worries about the vid il just have to wait 2 weeks, is it worth it? ill be smiling all the way home.

I dont know mate! I dont think even my mate knows!!! thats why I was hoping david would reply saying what my mate got and maybe an answer to ur question about it being louder in n around town opposed to on the motorway!

I think its worth it! around 250 including fitting and u get somet that looks good and sounds wicked :D

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

I had the silenced K5, with a decat. MMmmmmm loud popping exhaust, LOVE IT

Im getting the Stealth system, complete with centre section silencer and sport cat tomorrow. I will then see what I can do with a sound clip...

RB 197 Cup

lol cheers mark. ive got to admit its prob the best £250 ive spent. thanks k-tec 4 a super job. i dont think u can get an exhaust thats quieter 4 the motorway than town driving. more speed on motorway means more revs so more noise.

Integra DC5 Type R

Got mine fitted yesterday. I am well pleased with it. I had to wait a month or so because i chose a tailpipe which isnt usually a choice for the 172 systems. I chose the single 3.5" round, and the guys at K-tec had no problem sorting this for me. Well worth the wait though.

As for sound, i went for the silenced system, and I am glad i did. The note is just perfect. Its loud enough to be noticed, without sounding ridiculous. its a good deep purr, and a very sporty/powerful sounding note.

I expect it will get louder when my Janspeed de-cat is fitted. Will post some pics when i can download from my digital camera

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by david_129 on 07 April 2004

Rick mate, get a recording of it up asap! Plllleeeeeaaassssseeee!!!

Rick using a camera!!!!!!! pahhhh, thats a 1st! LOL. Boys still in the stoneage.

How do you host a Vid tho? Or can some1 else do it!?