ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec/Poweflex dog bone mount bushes.

172 Cup
My car rattled like something not right when I pushed the fun pedal. I thought it was the exhaust but that appears to be secure. Then I found this http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1485 and I thought maybe this will solve the issue.

I came on here because I've got the new bushes and I made a bit of a mess of the old ones when taking them out :( The new one doesn't fit. It looks asthough I need to zip round the dogbone with an angle grinder to get the larger bush to fit. Is this the case?

I've also heard that people have complained about them but most of the people who have complained have not fitted them it is merely speculation. I read on one thread that someone had to have some parts of the gearbox helicoiled because of these bushes. But I read on another thread that someone has had one for 2 years and it has cured the problem. I don't want people to post on this thread saying I know someone who knew someone who's gearbox is knackered beacause of these bushes. I only want actual expereinces. Both good and bad. Thanks.

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
got one on mine, had on for 2 years and 10k. i do have a knocking on hard accelleration, in 1st and 2nd only, so i really need to get other mounts checked, car is 04 172 with 16k. not been an issue as i dont use it much and dont abuse it in lower gears....so could live with it.

Ive had 1 fitted along with all new standard mounts. I think its good as it stops all gearstick movement and gearchange feels better, although you can feel the engine vibrations alot more when idle'ing. Thats the only downside ive experienced.

BMW M135i
Never again, just get a new standard dogbone if the rubber in yours have perished. The standard mounts are soft for a reason.

172 Cup
I read your thread bhm and all I could think was eek. Mine vibrates like a bastad and I'm currently replacing the gearbox as it has a 2 cracks and a hole on it and I think thats thanks to the OEM dogbone bushes. Just have to get the car back on the road and test it.

clio 172 cup
replaced my dogbone for a power-flex one and solve the knocking. i also though it was the exhaust, i also changed the wishbone bushes. got mine from sorensen road sport. a lot cheaper!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
as said, standard mounts are soft for a reason, most of us learned the hard way, 2 silly little bushes destroyed my box, and cat on my 1.2 16v and lucky enough my 172 got away with just the top engine mounts needing replaced to to extra strain put on them.

just make a point of changing the bottom mount with a new renault one once a year or something

172 Cup
Seems like one extreme to another. I heard there are other manufacturers who make a firmer one than the renault one and softer than the powerflex one. My upper gearbox mount is shattered anyway and I think it was a result from the crappy renault dogbone bushes.

BMW M135i
If anything the powerflex bush will just make the others fail quicker, replacing all the mounts with new ones will make no end of difference if they're shagged as it stands. I wouldn't bother with uprated ones full stop, the 172 with the extra 4th mount is a million times better than a normal clio if you think its bad as it is.

182 trackday racer
I think it works great, only negative I can think of is that the steeringwheel vibrates a some when the engine is in idle. No feeling of it as you start rolling. The large piece was a bit hard to fit but otherwise on problem at all.

8783-new_2008-04-13-08696.jpg

8783-new_2008-04-13-08692.jpg

I also have modified the gear stick bush to make it a tight fit to the gearstick housing.

8783-new_2006-04-07-vaxelbussningen.jpg

The play in the upper bush was cured in this way, no clonking what so ever. Had this solution b4 fitting the powerflex bushes and I must say that the powerflex bushes did not add anything for the feeling. But it is stiffer and better suited for track use imo. But i dont think that the lower mount is the source to the clonking problem, Im sure it is the upper right one.

8783-new_2006-04-02-m1.jpg

Last edited: