ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec problem

Clio 172 Cup
Hello,

Newbie here.
I’m hoping somebody may be able to offer some advice.
I’m having a bit of trouble with the guys from K-Tec .
I Have a problem with a Wilwood brake kit I bought but can’t get a reply from them.
When I phone the manager isn’t in and they do not reply to my emails.
Has anybody else had problems with them or have I just been unlucky so far?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Maldini

M2 Competition
What’s the problem with the kit that it requires the manager? Can anyone else there sort it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio 172 Cup
Hi,
My mechanic who fitted the kit said there was a bad connection between hose and caliper and that unless the connection is taped up it leaks.
The kit was sent back to KTec and after inspection they apparently said it was normal and they all leak without tape.
I can’t believe that - so I want to talk to the manager but i’ve Had no reply to calls or emails over the last 2 weeks!

M2 Competition
Then if its normal you either keep the kit or ask for a refund. Any member of staff should be able to sort that.

To add further, lots of fittings require PTFE tape or similar in order not to leak. Its common in plumbing and in connections under high pressure. Is this what you mean?

Last edited:

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Then if its normal you either keep the kit or ask for a refund. Any member of staff should be able to sort that.

To add further, lots of fittings require PTFE tape or similar in order not to leak. Its common in plumbing and in connections under high pressure. Is this what you mean?
Ptfe shouldnt be required on brakes though. They're a cone compression fitting.

kye172

ClioSport Club Member
  phase 1 172
Got this kit. No tape needed and never leaked. The caliper threads taper to form a seal. They did send copper washers with the brake lines which i didnt use as they wouldnt be compressed in that fitment.

997.1, Caddy, e208
Does the website or any fitting instructions suggest PTFE? Do they have a note on the site by way of a disclaimer to ensure your fully aware they leak as standard?

Given the importance of brakes on a car, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect them not to leak & if they do, I'd expect it to be noted before purchase so I made an informed choice.

kye172

ClioSport Club Member
  phase 1 172
Looks like quite a few do use ptfe tape on this fitment. Never needed to with mine.

dan's cast offs.
need to tighten them right up if they are tapered, why anyone uses a tapered thread on a calliper is a mystery though!!!!

kye172

ClioSport Club Member
  phase 1 172
True, and then you come to bleed them and find out you need a 6.27mm spanner.