ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec Relocation Kit - Doesn`t Fit

Hi Guys, Ive a bit of a problem.

Im got a Clio Expression+ 1.2 16V 2002, and ive got a PiperX induction kit. I recently bought a K-Tec Relocation kit for it, but it doesnt fit cos theres something in the way so the filter wont fit on the end. I think it might be summat to do with the A/C.

Can anybody tell me how to make it fit ? I only got it 3 days ago.

Cheers Steve.:cry:

You got air con on yours??? I had no trouble fitting mine apart from trying to fit the silicon hose over the filter itself.. but I didnt have air con...... Can you take a pic of the area?

Yeah there is a bit of improvement, deffinate throttle response and when your up in the revs it seems to have more pull..... As for noise... It did sound very nice when I had just the filter but I got a k-tec exhaust now and it drowns it slightly lol

the re-loc kit bolts onto the engine itself

mine was fitted in 5 minutes,

didnt fit the air filter without the re-loc pipe, so i cant comment on any benefits i have noticed from the pipe

Hey,

Just been on the phone to Dave at K-Tec, what a Geezer. I explained my problem to him and he said send the kit back. Its the Air Conditioning thing thats in the way, its like the size of a starter motor. Im probably gonna get some 40mm lowering springs off em. What u guys reckon i should get? I want summat individual.

K-Tec are a top company, Id reccomend them to anyone, and definitly use them again.

Stevo

Fitted mine in five to. Had a little problem getting the samco hose over the filter but with a little extra force it just slipped over. Feels like it has a little more power up the revs but not as much at low revs, pulling away. For noise my k tec exhaust totally drowns it out. There no noise from if at all. Was even hanging out the window hoping to hear somthing. Looks soooooo good though. The pipe has a fair amount of scratching on it though. Anyone elses the same?