ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec sports cat

I quite like the hidden tailpipe on the 172 with the standard bumper thats why I was asking, thinking of getting the sports cat with some induction to go with it.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread, but will the de-cat fit to a standard pipe, want extra power and noise but cant afford sull system yet

Yes, de-cats fit standard exhausts.

Also, I think K-Tec sell their exhausts with the option of the hidden tailpipe.

Im guessing there wont be any point in buying a K-Tec exhaust with hidden tailpipe over using the standard one would there?

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

cant see the piont of a ktec hidden zaust although i imagine being a performance one its prob give u a few horses..but i thought that was just from decat...

I dont want to decat as that will cause MOT problems in the future hence going for the sports cat, however, if the hidden pipe doesnt cost much and does improve airflow then I might get it.

At least I know I dont need to get a new tailpipe now :)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Tom_16v on 14 January 2004

Also, I think K-Tec sell their exhausts with the option of the hidden tailpipe.
Id heard a rumour about this too...

Anyone seen them on the website yet???

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by TonyKL on 14 January 2004

Im guessing there wont be any point in buying a K-Tec exhaust with hidden tailpipe over using the standard one would there?
Yes...

The tailpipe is mainly there for looks, its the pipework in between that does the business, so even with a hidden tailpipe a performance exhaust will still give you a power increase and sound better!

2012 WRX Waggon

Think I like the idea of a hidden pipe with better noise.

wonder if powerflow could fab a piece to replace the existing cat?

I thought the 172 exhaust was fine and no need for replacing. Its about 2" right? No need for bigger on NA engine.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

I asked K-Tec for a quote a few days ago.

699 for sports cat, exhaust with hidden tailpipe and fitting.
Quote:
Hello, the cost of a cat back system with sports cat supplied and fitted
would be #699.89 including vat and labour. This is for a K6 system and the
hidden tailpipe system will be aorund #20 cheaper when it is available from
the end of February.

I hope this helps.

David Kirk
K-Tec Racing Ltd

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by visceral on 14 January 2004

Think I like the idea of a hidden pipe with better noise.
Snap...

All the benefits of an aftermarket system, but no external clues! Keep it stealthy! ;)