ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-TEC Stage 1 Tuning Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Clio 172
i really do not understand the sceptacism, although i am very new to the world of Renault, new to the world of tuning i am not, any tuner worth his salt shoult be able to extract 5% more power from pretty much any engine out there, the maps they leave the factory with have to satisfy a multitude laws and legislations imposed by various countries so are far from being at their optimum for performance.

21 Turbo
I remember this, infact iirc there was a day being organised with a few tuners due to attend, including K-tec and YozzaSport, but the other company wouldnt come even with all expenses paid. Its annoying me now, the name is on the tip of my tounge...

From my experience that sounds like PRIMA lol - never met a firm more willing to extract cash for doing f*** all than them. Ive witness many times the heartbreak of 21 owners who have spent £3-7k on 'engine work', yet all that appears to have been done was a painted rocker cover with some anti-interference locknuts holding it down.

ph2 172
I dont want to tread on anybody's toe's but i have a completley standard (barring the wheels,but that does'nt matter) 182 that could be used? 87k on the engine,and im in dorset so could easily get to k-tec for this to be done.

if i can be of help,then let me know.

172DD Cup
there's a million and one people on there that would happily offer there cars up for this! it's already been said i think that offer is only to dave and the duck

Just found this thread and I think it should be applauded that Ktec have enough faith in their product to offer an independent test to SirDave/Duck. As already mentioned, it's means a lot to buyers when retailer are willing to put their products out on the line for criticism :clap:

2005 Cliosport 182
I have heard nothing but good reports about K-Tec and in the small dealings that I have had with them they have been a fast, efficient and professional company to deal with.

I back them 100% and hope it works out for them. The results should be interesting for those that want 'pub bragging rights' about peak bhp. A car should have a smooth power curve and as wide a band as possible to improve the drive of the car. Peak bhp is nothing if low and mid-range figures are poor!

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
So after all this, and openly doubting ktec and claiming it probably couldnt be done you have basically bottled it or sorry "gone for diff options" lol! I'd say a panel filter, 10hp and added mpg is quite convenient!

HA! Well played Ktec! I salute you! You will be getting more of my buisness in the future!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
So after all this, and openly doubting ktec and claiming it probably couldnt be done you have basically bottled it or sorry "gone for diff options" lol! I'd say a panel filter, 10hp and added mpg is quite convenient!

I have various reasons, & dont really feel that i need to explain myself.

Essentially, having just spent in excess of £1500 on the Trophy's engine & ancilliaries in preventative maintenance, after discussion with others, it seemed a tad daft to enter into a situation where the mapper may (or may not) be trying to extract the absolute maxiumum from my car in order to prove a point.

As the car is currently on 174k miles, this didnt seem like such a great idea.

My suggestion to K-tec was to use another suitable car for the trial, but the alternative option was declined.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
you look a bit silly now! :approve:

you helped sparked all the doubts etc hence the reason ktec offered it to you. IMO they are quite right only allowing you and duck to take part! Put your money where your mouth is etc.

This worked out to be quite a publicity stunt for Ktec! I met a friend who drives a 172 at the petrol station last night and his words were "have you seen that thread on CS?"

I met a friend who drives a 172 at the petrol station last night and his words were "have you seen that thread on CS?"

ROFLMFAO!

Anyway, K-Tec have offered to try and prove their work. The offers haven't been accepted for various reasons.

I think we can leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.