ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec stealth exhaust

'02 MG TF160
Does anyone have one on their car?

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1088

Any idea how loud it is, does it resonate etc?

I want a little more fruity noise, but not too loud. As i may want to sell at some point i also don't want to cut the bumper, or have the exhaust sitting below it as, in my opinion, it looks rubbish.

So an aftermarket stealth exhaust is the only option.

K-Tec, Yozza and Powerflow do them in know, any more out there?

Thanks

Trophy #473
supprised no ones replyed but yes alot of people do, The mk2 stealth system (made by janspeed iirc) is alot better than the original stealth (made by tiger) I used to have an original, which never fitted properly, resonated at motorway speed and used to twist at the join over the rear axle.
all this has been sorted out for the mk2 stealth system, bigger bore iirc, up from 2 1/4" to 2.5" and a join on the centre sector rather than over the axle like the shocking renault item. Aparently they arent as boomy at 70mph but do have a very raspy sounding note when giving it beans, especialy with a decat. do a search, covered many times. you'll find some videos too.

nathan

I have the MK2 Ktec stealth on my cup and from your description above it sounds exactly like what you are after. Nice and quite when driving normally, not boomy at all when sat at 70, 80, 90 etc and sounds awesome when booting it!

'02 MG TF160
It does soud like exactly what i'm after.

I think i'll be ordering one later on, along with an ITG panel filter. Apparently that gives me the noise i'm looking for!

Renaultsport Clio 172 Cup
Got the Mk2 Stealth on my 172 cup along with 182 manifold and sports cat. What a great sound. A bit louder than I expected, but that is to do with the cat and manifold apparently. Fits well but does expand by about an inch when hot so make sure there is a decent gap between tailpipe and bumper.

'02 MG TF160
Well my car has now pushed me into buying the K-Tec as the exhaust has started falling apart and blowing like a bastid!

Ordered a Stealth this morning, anyone know how long they take to arrive?

I can't get over the price Toomeys in basildon quoted for a standard 172 exhaust - £418.71 including VAT and fitting!!

Ripoff merchants!!! The K-Tec is only £363.08!

The Beast MK4
Did you remember your CS discount?

Im still humming and hawwing over this and the YS. It would feel wierd having the noise and folks having no idea where it was coming from. lol

The YS is that tad louder as well. :cool:

'02 MG TF160
Did you remember your CS discount?

Im still humming and hawwing over this and the YS. It would feel wierd having the noise and folks having no idea where it was coming from. lol

The YS is that tad louder as well. :cool:

Crap, no i didn't! How much do we get off?

Can i email them back afterwards?

'02 MG TF160
Just gave them a ring, and the've given me the 5% discount which is brilliant!

Nice chaps there, just can't wait til it arrives next week and i can get it on the car!!!!

Clio 172 mk2
Good stuff

I've got the Mk1 one on my car and TBH even though people slated them I've found it to be a pretty good exhaust sound and quality wise.

Maybe I just got a good one

It fits into the original mounts although i did buy a new backbox mount from Ktec (£17) to have a fresh start. You will need to get some sort of exhaust paste as well if fitting yourself.

'02 MG TF160
lol, already got the old GunGum stuff to stop the current exhaust sounding like a chav 1.0 Nova with a dustbin on the back before my Stealth arrives next week...