ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K Tec Stealth

RenaultSport cup172 TT309
I've been considering getting one of those steath exhaust systems but have read a few things about people having problems with them are they any good or what ?
I'm going to have to get something soon my std centre box wont take much more hammering. (I does get rid of the vibration for a few K though!)

Mondeo TDCI 130
get different opinions mate, there was one on mine with a decat, and it sounded s**t! really tinny and raspy! only stayed on a week!

This is my prospeed! sounds really nice and fits beautifully!
000_0838.jpg

user_online.gif

172 MKII FF
I have just had the K-Tec stealth fitted. Good exhaust just can't get it positioned correctly as it seems to be rattling on something.

There is nothing stealth about the noise though. But build quality wise, they are superb.

Lotus Elise 111R
I have just had the k-tec put on as well, and "stealth" it is'nt but after a week or so the sound is getting better and better so far, and the build quality looks spot on. Had mine cut into the bumber and looks almost identical to the photo above ^^

Mondeo TDCI 130
does it sound tinny?? the one that was on mine was a real stealth under the bumper job!

172 MKII FF
I have just had the k-tec put on as well, and "stealth" it is'nt but after a week or so the sound is getting better and better so far, and the build quality looks spot on. Had mine cut into the bumber and looks almost identical to the photo above ^^

Have you managed to get yours aligned correctly? Mine was fitted quite low and when I went over speed bumps or had a few people in the car it would bang.

So I moved it up slightly and now it rattles on something else.

I'm sure it just comes down to getting it aligned correctly.

Lotus Elise 111R

Have you managed to get yours aligned correctly? Mine was fitted quite low and when I went over speed bumps or had a few people in the car it would bang.

Fit is perfect, K-tec did it for me, done a really nice job. They did have to replace another rubber hanging part that looked like a spiders web, as it was knackered, so maybe that is your problem.

Lotus Elise 111R
does it sound tinny?? the one that was on mine was a real stealth under the bumper job!

No, really quality from the off, so much so, I could'nt believe it was mine that had been started in their workshop! Only slight problem is a "whistling" type noise between 2-3k rpm, but I think that is settling down, but in contact with David at k-tec if it persists....

172 MKII FF

Fit is perfect, K-tec did it for me, done a really nice job. They did have to replace another rubber hanging part that looked like a spiders web, as it was knackered, so maybe that is your problem.

Yeah I had to put a rubber bung on the bottom of the rear mount to stop it from bouncing around too much. This seems to have stopped the banging noise but now i have a rattling noise. It's going tomorrow to have the manifold gasket replaced so I asked if they could adjust it.

Mondeo TDCI 130

No, really quality from the off, so much so, I could'nt believe it was mine that had been started in their workshop! Only slight problem is a "whistling" type noise between 2-3k rpm, but I think that is settling down, but in contact with David at k-tec if it persists....
like a screeching noise?? thats normal from what i can gather! a lot to do with the downfall of the one on mine!

Mondeo TDCI 130
yeah, just before i bought the car, we put one on, (me and gaz) and it was horrid, so took it off again!

Mondeo TDCI 130
it was sold straight away mate!! and from what i remember a member bough it, and it only lasted a couple of weeks on theres! so they mustnt of liked either! shame cos it fit really well!! good finish etc, have you got a cat? will prob be ok with a cat!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^also about 200 bucks more!

I loved my k-tec ph1 stealth. Apparently there even better now!

Ali

mini cooper (RIP 172)
just to throw a spaner into the works, ive just got a gdi stealth (had it on a week) it sounds great when booting it, but like said a bout the k-tec its still noisey when just drive round town ect:eek: fits well (after a bit of work) and looks like it is very well made, and i belive they is a group buy on at the moment;)

ALF

Blue ph1
and after....K-tec stealth wih recessed tailpipe

DSCF1771.gif
The more I see this K-tec exhaust, the more I love it!:)

Does someone have another video than the one on the first page? I don't know why, but I can't watch it...:dapprove:

182BG
k-tecs first version of their stealth system wasn't very good, as you might of read from mixed reviews,
but their Mk2 stealth system is a lot better, build quality and fitment

ALF

Blue ph1
You mean that the stealth systems that are now for sale have a good build quality?
Have you got yourself a k-tec system?

172 MKII FF
I've just had mine adjusted and it fits a lot better now, it sounds bit quieter as well, but that maybe because I had a new manifold gasket kit put on.

I do have to say I love it.

clio 172 Phase 1
just fitted the ktec stealth to my PH1 I find it a bit boomy and i have a slight vibration but probally needs a little adjustment .. i youtubed the k tec stealth before buying and they all had a tinny sound mine is really low and rumbles and like i said a bit boomy hopefuly this will quieten down ... there is one thing though dont know if its just me put the power seems down too used to get a real kick a 4000rpm now dont notive it so much ...think my next purchase is a remap

RB 182 cup
fitted mine on monday and i found it really quiet, just got back from a 200mile trip and was no bother. fittment was very easy no problems just took a while to get it adjusted to how i wanted it

i think the sound/loudness all depends on what you're used to

Astra Twintop
its probably rattling against the heat shield, mine does and i need to bend it back properly!

172 Cup
the gdi one is very good, aswell as the quiet k tec stealth one! personally id go for the yozza stealth or prospeed. You get what ya pay for im afraid!!