ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K850

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'm due an upgrade on my K800 but after having a look is it worth waiting for the K850? Tom? lol. I know your clued up on this sort of thing. :)

Anyone got any ideas when its due to be released?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
About a month or two.

Sooner rather than later deffo Q3.

Dont expect any huge difference over the k800i, the media player is based on the PSP/PS3 design.
Apart from that its all the same.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Blimey that was quick! So not to long then...

Is it just going to be a updated K800? Anything special about it?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers. Looks alright. Should be worth the wait. Anything else i should be considering Tom?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Not really, the k800i is still bloody good.

N95 is overhyped and the gps is rubbish.

I like the w960 but its going to be mega money.

Golf R soon...
I'll be getting this when its releases I reckon, seems to be the only phone marginally better than the K800i, which is a damn good phone anyway!

I didn't see a slidy thingy to protect the camera mind you!

Here are a few pics.

gsmarena_001.jpg

gsmarena_002.jpg

gsmarena_006.jpg

Last edited:
  Nippy white cup
Looks nice but I'm not upgrading till September so I think I'll wait to see whats about at the time...

Chris

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Nothing new out until march now. Thats pretty much it for the year.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I don't think the new SE phones are due till Oct onwards so perfectly timed for my contract renewal.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
K850 is production ready now and will ship soon.
Same with the P1i

I dont think the w960 will make october, more november.

The K850 is massively different to the K800.
For starters it isn't too far off the dimensions of the K750 just a couple of mm each way. It is 2mm shorter than the K800/K810.
It has a completely different media menu, doing away with the current file manager on Sony Ericssons which is designed around the PSP/PS3 icons. The camera takes 5 megapixel pics and QVGA videos @ 30 frames per second meaning no more juddery camera phone videos. The screen is 2.2" and it has an accelerometer so when you turn the phone landscape the image turns with it. It also takes Sony/Sandisk Memory Stick Micro with 4GB sticks very close to coming out. Even better it also takes microSD cards which are pretty cheap these days.
It can also use pretty much any network you can get including EDGE GSM 850GSM 900GSM 1800 GSM 1900 HSDPA UMTS 850 UMTS 1900 UMTS 2100 meaning you will be able to use it pretty much anywhere and have very quick download speeds.
It has an almost identical media player to the new Walkman version 3 meaning you will not lose out on the media side of things.

All in all just a little different to the great K800.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
More little than massively.

I played with a k850 on saturday at SE Retail in kensington, its the same ui as the k800i with the uprated media player. Dont get too excited about the video, its average.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Does the video/camera quality change between providers? My mates Orange N95 seems to take better pics/vids than another mates voda one...lol?

Monaco 172 2/468
Looks nice the 850 :)

Sadly my contract is up at the end of this month, so i'll have to renew it

Probably looking like the k810i, unless there's anything else worth it ?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You dont have to renew. Who you with? Just keep it on a month by month.

D

deadonkey

I have reached the end on my contract, with O2 I havnt cancelled it or anything yet as there are no phones out I want. Currently have a K800i.

How long till we get a release date for this 850i?
Is it gonna be exclusive to a certain network. Im looking to go to orange due to the free internet thing.

Monaco 172 2/468
You dont have to renew. Who you with? Just keep it on a month by month.

I'm on a retentions 12 month deal mate, which is £15 pm instead of £30. So it seems silly paying £30 for a few months just waiting for that, I am hoping to ring up and get the £15 deal again :D

Guess I could drop my tarrif for a few months ?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Well i would either that or get the best phone possible and ebay it.

Golf GTD
hmm i think ive found my phone that i will be upgrading to. looks very nice. anyone know what month we looking at for this to be avaliable? I know Q3 but we lookin at early late august or what?

Golf GTD
Fair enough Tom, glad i have delayed my upgrade to be honest. I was tempted by the N95 but didnt want to move away from Sony Ericsson because I think the SE phones are the best.

This one looks niiiiiiiiiice.

Mini Cooper S sport
I've been waiting for someing to upgrade my housebrick N80 to, and I think the k850i will be the one, looks great!

I just hope it has a decent battery life on it.

Monaco 172 2/468
Just got off the phone with o2, and they offered me :

Sim Only - £20 - 100 mins\500 texts (Then I could wait for the K850)

or

18 month contract - £25 - 200 mins\400 texts

The second deal sound a bit gash, they claimed I was in upgrades\retentions, but i'm sure retentions should do better deals than that. What has anyone else been offered recently ?

TT 225

or

The second deal sound a bit gash, they claimed I was in upgrades\retentions, but i'm sure retentions should do better deals than that. What has anyone else been offered recently ?

That offer is a bit poo. I didnt try and haggle (lazy day) and got 1000 txt and 400 minutes for £30 a month and a free SE K810i. People have got better than that on here too :)

Monaco 172 2/468

or

That offer is a bit poo. I didnt try and haggle (lazy day) and got 1000 txt and 400 minutes for £30 a month and a free SE K810i. People have got better than that on here too :)

Ah good, nice to see they are still offering real deals lol. I've been on 200min\500txt for a year at £15, so i'm not sure if thats why they are trying to do me over :dapprove:

Ring up for me pleeeease :cool:

193 mk2
tom what about the upcomming iphone, do you know anything about it or any date its due to be released? or how its gonna compair to the k850?
your thoughts would be appreciated.
thanks matt.