ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

kangarooing at very little throttle

'92 172, Lotus Elise
had this problem for a while now

if im using a very small amount of throttle (say... 5%) the engine will hesistate and kangaroo like mad!

It's slightly worse when cold, but does it when hot too.

as soon as i give it a bit more throttle it stops completely! makes driving at low speeds a pain :(

only faults logged on rstuner is the charcoal canister breather thing being disconnected... could this cause it?

anyone else get this? :dead: is it curable? :dapprove:

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
TPS sensor?

ie throttle is slightly open letting air in but ecu isnt giving proper fuelling due to TPS not reading it is open?

is there a way to check TPS values on standard setup?

Mine does it but its like through the whole car with the 5 engine mounts. I always put it down the box/clutch and just dont really think about it now...

But saying that its only at very light throttle and very low speeds in mine, no difference between cold + hot either.

'92 172, Lotus Elise
i've had a look at the tps value in rstuner geesus... look fine :)

I'll clean up the throttlebody and see if that helps marinemackay, though i don't think it's sticking as the idle returns to ~ 900rpm just fine

LY 182
i think its just a charecteristic.. my converted car does it in traffic ( dipping the clutch and stabbing the throttle sorted it) when rolling along at idle..

172 does it like mad with the cams in it.. idles lumpy!

I tried to get a video of mine doing it on the way home last night, but im pretty much sure its something gearbox/flywheel/clutch related (i.e. just the nature of them).

Il try and get a little clip later, to see if its the same thing as yours lol

ITB'd MK1
mine's started doing it this week at exactly 20% throttle (very light) from 2 to 2.5k, and it's horrible in stop start. Plugged in laptop and the lambda isn't functioning so pretty sure it's that

Mines the same in traffic. It's like there is a fault in the map maybe and the revs jump up and down even when my foot is steady... and it 'jerks' the car back and to! very annoying... I got a fully reconned box, new clutch, cleaned tb and uprated engine mounts and dogbone mount.... Andy @ Birchdown said my thorttle peddle doesn't feel right, has what I can only describe as a 'lump' right at the bottom which he said he's never felt before but ive been told thats to turn the traction control off WHICH my car doesn't even have! lol

French.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
yours does it.. f0xys does it.. mine does it

maybe it's just converted cars :D
Mine does it too from cold, catches me out sometimes driving out of my carpark!!

Ive put it down to one of Renaults finest characteristics :)

DMS

A thirsty 172
Mine used to do it occasionally when it was standard. Only seemed to be when the engine was cold though.

'92 172, Lotus Elise
It's like there is a fault in the map maybe and the revs jump up and down even when my foot is steady... and it 'jerks' the car back and to!
French.

yes! that's what it's like, it's as if they left out a tiny bit of the map and there's a jump!!

mine's started doing it this week at exactly 20% throttle (very light) from 2 to 2.5k, and it's horrible in stop start. Plugged in laptop and the lambda isn't functioning so pretty sure it's that

I've checked my lambda signal in rstuner and it seems fine? cycles between 250mv and about 900mv on idle

Mine does it too from cold, catches me out sometimes driving out of my carpark!!

20mph on site ftl :(

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Nearly ran Micky over on the gate over today! lmao!!
20mph for the minions... pah!

SG9 Forester STi
Mine does this too, has done ever since I've owned it, think it just must be a clio thing. Annoying though.

Handbuilt 172 Cup/ 1.2 8v
yup, my 8v also does this. - its annoying, but has always been part of the car, only does it when i have been crawling in 1st or 2nd and then apply 5% throttle. Since most people apear to have this, i wouldnt think its anyhting to worry about at all.