ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

keep cup or buy Type R

182 + Cup
For what it's worth I owned the Leon and test drove a CTR several times before eventually choosing the 182 (cupped). The 182 has loads more kit than the CTR (even air is an option ffs!!) and trust me the performance isn't much different.
The Leon is a totally different drive, and although having the turbo was nice I'm really starting to appreciate how nimble the 182 is over the leon. Leons are great big thundering lumps and I think you would be disappointed in the ride, although yes the build quality is better overall. For all the CTRs good points I didn't like the steering and ultimately the shape and lack of equipment put me off.

Why not just get another Clio? You'll probably end up with a different bunch of problems to deal with but at around £4k - £5k cheaper you still get much more car (and more fun) for the money. And don't forget that the Leon and the bread van (sorry, CTR) are both just about to get face lifted too so all three should see good deals on a run out model.

Happy shopping.