ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Keep the Clio for another year?

106 GTi
Talked yourself into it then ;) I had a good play about in the one at Autosport I would like to drive the R26 and see how it feels compared to the other Meganes.

Yeah, they say the LSD transforms the machine. Wind in some throttle mid corner and the nose actually bites in harder, rather than washing wide - that's what one road tester reckons anyway. I wonder if Top Gear will be driving it this season?

106 GTi
I have driven a near standard 205 GTi with a Quaife fitted, a strange sensation at first being able to keep your foot planted, but once a acustomed to it, fanbloodytastic.

Roy, I know it's Vauxhall, but not why not wait until the Corsa VXR makes an apperance. I think it looks excellent and it should be under £15k

VW Golf TDI
and trying to sell your car now,,,, Its hard wrong time of the year as i have learn.

Then again When i was thinking about trading in for a trophy renault offered a lot of money for my car !!!

Roy, I know it's Vauxhall, but not why not wait until the Corsa VXR makes an apperance. I think it looks excellent and it should be under £15k

The key thing there mate is that you think it looks excellent. I think it looks like a dogs dinner with fookin' ugly slashes and cuts in the bodywork, and a stupid piece of plastic chrome bumper trim that they're trying to pass off as an actual tail pipe :D It will also be c.7s to 60 and probably around the same as the 197 to 100mph, so it's hardly a step up in performance?

Good suggestion though, it's just that I don't want to sidestep. Sure, I realise the Megane isn't much quicker than a 182 as standard, but it's the LSD that is really selling it for me, especially as we all know the Megane can be mapped safely to c. 260bhp which will make for one very rapid Renaultsport, especially with the LSD.

I can see why some people would like the Corsa VXR, but I wouldn't have one purely because I hate everything about the way it looks. From the images I've seen, the interior also looks like something out of Toy Town.

The Clio replacement is almost certainly going to be an R26, if I decide to get shot of the shopping trolley rather than wait another year...

182FF c/w Recaros
Struth, and I thought it took me a while to decide on my next car:rasp: ;)

Agreed on the VXR Roy, :dead: . Not an option.

Option A, Keep the 182 another year or so, go to Belgium, make even more shedloads of cash and then seriously consider some realy cool cars. The £800 a year insurance cars;)

Option B, Get that Evo mag that you were on about. If the R26 comes up trumps (hell it might be on TG soon as well hopefully so you can see what the Stig thinks as well:D). and they're all raving about it, then you'll probably cave in (finally) and and order it:D

Struth, and I thought it took me a while to decide on my next car:rasp: ;)

Agreed on the VXR Roy, :dead: . Not an option.

Option A, Keep the 182 another year or so, go to Belgium, make even more shedloads of cash and then seriously consider some realy cool cars. The £800 a year insurance cars;)

Option B, Get that Evo mag that you were on about. If the R26 comes up trumps (hell it might be on TG soon as well hopefully so you can see what the Stig thinks as well:D). and they're all raving about it, then you'll probably cave in (finally) and and order it:D

Yeah you bought an £8k shed, hardly the same as deciding to buy a £20k monster ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
megane for me imo

seen a silver 3 door with the anthricite cup alloys (not sure if it was a cup lol)

gorgeous