ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Keeping It Safe

clio 182 black /gold

I hope they can not drive it forward and around the post? I saw this once, it was easy to nick the car just drive over the garden.

renault clio 182 cup

Quote: Originally posted by Leeshez on 14 May 2005
I hope they can not drive it forward and around the post? I saw this once, it was easy to nick the car just drive over the garden.

the only way they could drive it forward would be to drive into my house;)

Sadly from my experience people are more likely to just mindlessly damage a car parked on the driveway than actually steal it. It doesnt help that my house sits on a route between the pubs and the majority of the residential area though.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

I want one of these. How much do they cost and where from?

Personally, Id want a fold down one if possible.

renault clio 182 cup

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 14 May 2005
I want one of these. How much do they cost and where from?Personally, Id want a fold down one if possible.

i got it from www.c-p-p.co.uk .
i think it was about £100 and im sure they do fold down ones as well

An orange one

i would so reverse into that on the 1st day!

random fact...people are most likely do damage their own cars within 50ft of their house/drive..its where they pay least attention

Ford Fiesta

why not just use a disklok, thats what I do, and it can be safe anywhere then?

mind you, they cant be nicked without the keys anyway... more of a visual thing for would be theifs.

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by BluePete on 15 May 2005

doesnt it take a half decent car theif 4 seonds to remove a steering lock?!

There are many different "steering locks" all are batter than nothing at all and the disklok is very difficult to remove.

Clio 1.8 16v

As for security Renault use ringed ignitions with chips in keys, and decoding systems to look ECUs. It wont get stoled, just damaged if unlucky.

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by 4836 on 15 May 2005

As for security Renault use ringed ignitions with chips in keys, and decoding systems to look ECUs. It wont get stoled, just damaged if unlucky. <SCRIPT language=javascript>

i agree but just adds that visual aspect to the car, if they bother to put that thing on no point breaking in to snoop around. (maybe)

Scooby STi, FiestaST

As for security Renault use ringed ignitions with chips in keys, and decoding systems to look ECUs. It wont get stoled, just damaged if unlucky. <SCRIPT language=javascript>

alot of cars now get lifted on to low loaders... they work on em elsewhere.. thats why clifford now do the tilt and motion sensors on their cat1s... and for the alloys of course.:)

Ford Fiesta

any news if the tilt sensor can be added to the renault cat 1 system, i know renault do it as an option on the meganes and they use the same alarm?

also why do i get " <SCRIPT language=javascript> " at the end of the posts?

cliosport 200

Try Again

www.finalstop.com/pepper/autotaser/autotaser.htm">www.finalstop.com/pepper/autotaser/autotaser.htm

Quote: Originally posted by the_ferret on 15 May 2005

alot of cars now get lifted on to low loaders... they work on em elsewhere.. thats why clifford now do the tilt and motion sensors on their cat1s... and for the alloys of course.:)

The rac tracker would solve that problem and can be easily fitted to your 182s, as soon as its moved without the keys the tracker is activated. It wont stop somebody stealing your car but it will help you get it back.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 15 May 2005

why not just use a disklok, thats what I do, and it can be safe anywhere then?

mind you, they cant be nicked without the keys anyway... more of a visual thing for would be theifs.

I have a disklok and mul-t-lok but want one of these as well.

Cheers for the info Steve

(I know they can just break in and steal keys etc)