ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kermit. My £400 ebay special

Kangoo, XJ, Jeep GC
Brigsy, I think your idea of cheap and my idea of cheap may not match up. I’m struggling to find any below a grand, let alone £500.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Brigsy, I think your idea of cheap and my idea of cheap may not match up. I’m struggling to find any below a grand, let alone £500.

Ive seen quite a few for sale recently on the facebook groups for clio sports, got to be fast though as people are queing for them. If your budget is tight, avoid rebuilding the 172 lump as that will soon empty your wallet.

Kangoo, XJ, Jeep GC
Ive seen quite a few for sale recently on the facebook groups for clio sports, got to be fast though as people are queing for them. If your budget is tight, avoid rebuilding the 172 lump as that will soon empty your wallet.

I’ve searched for the Clio Sport and Kangoo Groups on FaceBook, but can’t seem to bloody find them. Any links please Brigsey ?

And why would rebuilding a 172 engine be expensive ? Surely no more than £500 in parts and machining costs on top of the expected cambelt dephaser costs ?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I’ve searched for the Clio Sport and Kangoo Groups on FaceBook, but can’t seem to bloody find them. Any links please Brigsey ?

And why would rebuilding a 172 engine be expensive ? Surely no more than £500 in parts and machining costs on top of the expected cambelt dephaser costs ?

Seen this yesterday, they come up all the time but you will need to be quick as any cheap clio sport sells like hot cakes. Hard to get one sub £500 with a good engine as they break for half decent money. The parts can get astronomical when you start tallying up the prices when rebuilding.

58D1EFA8-2E22-44D6-B813-C7EE0426F2DD.png