ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Key Fob/Central Locking Not Working

Dynamique
Hi All, been digging around the internet for a while to no avail, so looking for a bit of help on this one!

Recently bought an 04 Clio Dynamique. Good little run around motor for the missus, and a good little hobby car for me!

Managed to get all the minor repairs and fixes sorted, but for the life of me I've not been able to fix the central locking

The fob button to lock/unlock the car isn't working, but the central locking button on the inside is. To top it off, the driver side door doesn't have a key hole, only the passenger side. The red light on the fob comes on when the button is pressed

To lock the car after use I have to get out of the driver side, back in to the passenger side, press the central locking button, back out the passenger door, lock it from the outside. The car runs absolutely fine, but after a few weeks this routine is getting very old!

Tried the below fixes suggested elsewhere on the internet:
  • New battery in the fob
  • Disconnect/reconnect the car battery
  • Hold the central locking button on the fob until it the light on the dash turns solid (it doesn't)
  • Put key in ignition, hold for 15 secs
  • Put key in ignition, press 5 times
Got an auto locksmith lined up for £100, bit hoping for a few more suggestions before I fork some money out if anyone has any ideas? Any suggestions will be very much appreciated!

Cheers

Dynamique
Hi All

Ended up getting an auto locksmith out. Car cost me very little, so I had a bit of spare cash to get the job done

Long story short, car was working fine, but the key wasn't communicating to the car (the locksmith had a box he tested it on)

£100 and a new key later, all is working fine

Recommended, however the only drawback is they butcher your existing key to make the new one. So if you think you're going to end up with one perfect key and a second you can get by with in emergencies, think again!

Cheers