ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Key Reprogramming

Fiat Coupe/Clio 182
Hello

I have a small problem with my key, the button stopped working. I opened it up and the tactile swtich has snapped off the board.
I was wondering, if I was to buy a "virgin" key from ebay, could it be reprogrammed using the central door locking button resync method below?

Cheers
Phil

CLIO II INFRA RED RESYNCHRONISING
1. Turn the Ignition OFF.
2. Press the central door locking button for more than 5 seconds. Note: the door should lock then unlock.
3. When this happens, 10 seconds is allowed and the immobiliser warning light illuminates.
4. Point the 1st key at the receiver and press the button twice, the doors should lock and unlock. Repeat for other remotes as required.
5. Check the remote control unlocks and locks the doors.
CLIO II RF RESYNCHRONISING
1. Turn Ignition OFF.
2. Press the central door locking button for more than 5 seconds. Note: the door should lock then unlock.
3. When this happens, 10 seconds is allowed and the immobiliser warning light illuminates.
4. Press the remote control once, the doors should lock and unlock.
5. Repeat for second remote if required.
6. Check the remote control unlocks and locks the doors.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
couldn't a new button be soldered to the board?

failing that remove the chip and put it on a working key and you wont have to pay for reprogramming

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You 100% cannot use the method above to sync a virgin key as that's not how PIN security works. You will need a new key i'm afraid OR as above, solder a button to the PCB. Its very easy and if you take your time will win.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
You 100% cannot use the method above to sync a virgin key as that's not how PIN security works. You will need a new key i'm afraid OR as above, solder a button to the PCB. Its very easy and if you take your time will win.
it 100% works on a second hand key just to remove the chip from one fob to another, ive done it

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yes, that works if you move the original S3 from one PCB to the other but using a 2nd hand key won't let your car start as you cannot re-program an S3. The vehicles security code is stored and that's it, its in there for good

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Yes, that works if you move the original S3 from one PCB to the other but using a 2nd hand key won't let your car start as you cannot re-program an S3. The vehicles security code is stored and that's it, its in there for good
ok explain this -

i had a scenic key card that didnt work, purchased a second hand key card from ebay. i removed only the transponder from my key card and put it onto the second hand ebay one.

everything works perfect, unlocking, starting the lot. i have the key card now, i use it daily to drive the scenic and ive not had any problems. all i moved from one to other was transponder.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Old keys used a clip in chip and these were easy to move/lose. Newer keys, as per the 1*2 are soldered to the board and cannot simply be moved over.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Old keys used a clip in chip and these were easy to move/lose. Newer keys, as per the 1*2 are soldered to the board and cannot simply be moved over.
an 08 scenic is newer than a 182! the newest 182 is 55

the transponder was soldered, i had to desolder from my key card and resolder onto second hand key card

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yes, that you can do to IF you can get the card open of course. But we're not talking about a Scenic or Keycards here are we?

Officially though, you're not supposed to do that.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
a transponder is a transponder...
getting the key card open was more difficult than desoldering the chip!

i would bet money this method would work on many other key cards and fobs. the only part of a key fob/card that holds information is the transponder. so move it and the required information moves with it. a key card and key fob are pretty much the same thing.

if someone has a spare key im happy to prove it ;)

im sure im not suppose to do it, but a second hand key card cost me a tenner on ebay. a new card programmed would cost 100's.
so i got a fully working key card for a tenner

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Stick a new switch on. I had to do mine. Robbed the swith from a spare remote for one of the vans at work :) easy peasy

IMG-20150330-WA0005.jpg

Reactions: Gus

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
is that a 182 key fob?

the only thing needed in that to get a second hand key fob to work is the transponder.

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
when mine did this, before i solder'd it, i put a tiny dot of super glue on the bottom to secure it more. mainly because one of the metal contacts had stripped from the board. so i also had to paint one of the contacts on the board with some repair stuff from maplins lol