ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Keyless Entry Issue

Clio RS 200
Hello,
I've recently got my Clio 200 and noticed that the keyless entry on the drivers side isn't working properly (the passenger side works perfectly).
I can open the door by pulling the door handle and moving it about a little (suggests dodgy connection somewhere as it is quite a loose fit) then once I hear the locks go, I release the handle and then the door is open but I'm aware that it should open just from my hand being placed between the sensor in the door and on the handle however this has never worked on the drivers side. Also, the button to lock the car on the drivers side works fine.

So do you guys reckon it's the sensor in the door handle or the door that is the issue? And if no one knows any suggestions on how to check?

Thanks in advance :)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Very common issue unfortunately :( and yes sensors get water damaged. You could try spraying wd40 inside the door panel onto the workings of the door parts - nothing to lose after all.

Clio RS 200
Very common issue unfortunately 😧 and yes sensors get water damaged. You could try spraying wd40 inside the door panel onto the workings of the door parts - nothing to lose after all.

Which is more likely to get water damaged would you guess?
I've seen a sensor for the door and a keyless entry door handle on eBay for around 30 each but don't want to buy both if I don't have to. But no idea how to know which of the sensors is faulty.