ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Keys in bucket of water - now strange things are happening .

Ok, so i was washing my car the other and my keys slid off where i left them straight into the bucket of water, i whipped them out straight away and open it up to dry, however there was no water in it what so ever.

Now, im not sure if these problems have anything to do with it but here goes.

Sometimes the key doesnt work to lock/unlock (ive changed the battery but still an intermittent problem)

Car locking sound - sounds different as though its only half locked and more of a ticking noise (all doors are shut), i drove off the other day and with the locking thing where you drive off and the doors lock (that worked) but when i drove off, the car unlocked and the interior light came on and again all doors were properly shut.

Sometimes the car doest start (turns over but doesnt start until 3/4th try)

So if anyone can shed any light on this it would be grateful, all them of them could be to do with the chip inside the key but not sure.

​thanks, luke

Fiesta ST2 MP215
When it's not starting and just turning is the red light flashing on Dash? that would mean immobilizer is active.
But as above try the other key, might have messed something up.

172 Cup
I have a similar problem where by my pressing the button on my key does nothing. I had a brand new key cut thinking it was an issue with the old key but still have i have the intermittent problem. Also, i have the issue where by sometimes when i turn the key in the ignition the dash lights up but the car doesnt try turn over. Strange :/

yer i couldnt find my spare key so i put it on here, but ive just found it now lol, the problems have stopped but i only took it round the block so not sure, only annoying thing is that its just a key and not one with a button so not sure if its cleared everything up also im gonna look like an 80's throw back locking each door haha, ill have to see how much they are if its cleared everything up

Fiesta ST2 MP215
The Immobilizer is in the Chip in the Key itself not the button, unlocking with the remote will not turn this off only the key in the ignition does. Timpson ( High St Stores not Tesco ones ) have the Bosch machine and they can reprogram transponder chips much cheaper than Renault, If you buy a key blank off Fleabay or something take it there and they can sort it out at a decent price, but if it's working now with the spare key it'll be fine, it's probably damaged the chip, with care you can actually remove the old key piece and place into the old remote and have both working, but they are very fragile inside.

The Immobilizer is in the Chip in the Key itself not the button, unlocking with the remote will not turn this off only the key in the ignition does. Timpson ( High St Stores not Tesco ones ) have the Bosch machine and they can reprogram transponder chips much cheaper than Renault, If you buy a key blank off Fleabay or something take it there and they can sort it out at a decent price, but if it's working now with the spare key it'll be fine, it's probably damaged the chip, with care you can actually remove the old key piece and place into the old remote and have both working, but they are very fragile inside.

yer thats where i got my spare from, its a solid key with a embossed sticker on it, so unless its behind that im not sure, ill just get one on ebay like you said and take it there, thanks for the help.