ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kill Switch Resister urgent!!

donnylad

ClioSport Club Member
just copying my facebook post here as I am kind of desperate

Kill switch resister?
Wiring in my kill switch and it has a 3ohm 11 watt resister that goes to earth. It has snapped and I need one by Sunday, any idea where I can pick one up from tomorrow? closer to yorkshire the better
Alternatively what would happen if I ran the kill switch without one? It will get used once in scrutineering.
Any help appreciated!

406 V6, Race Buggy
If you run without it the alternator will spike when you turn the car off, and if you're lucky do nothing bar spark across the contacts. If unlucky kill the regulator in the alternator. If really unlucky it'll fry the ecu or whatever is the weakest like.

You might be able to grab one from RS and have it delivered tommorow - I use the ally cased wire wound ones.
Failing that I've probably got a few but I'm not up at the workshop till tommorow night.