ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kintore cup

Clio 172 Cup
Some pictures of my project i've been working on since September last year, will put up a proper project thread in the coming weeks... still heaps to be done. Will be at Knockhill on the 17th of march and it's first hillclimb outing will be in may

6756813665_ede073f8bd_b.jpg6756705225_06d24880c0_b.jpg6756684379_77131eb611_b.jpg
6756775127_5860eb829b_b.jpg6756756855_58b58b53cf_b.jpg6756719145_0434753820_b.jpg
6756737735_e1b799d7b6_b.jpg

Clio 172 Cup
Thanks mate. Spec so far is -

Bilstein b14 coilovers
Ast top mounts
whiteline rear ARB
goodridge braided lines and ferodo ds2500 pads
Oreca motorsport group n exhaust system
Safety devices 6 point cage
sabelt 6 point 3" harnesses's
recaro pro-fi seats
Polycarbonate windows, fronts and rear quarters
itg panel filter
Omp targa steering wheel
And i've stripped pretty much all of the interior

I've still got a fair amount of things i'm planning on doing to the car, like a quaiffe diff and the battery cut outs to name a few. Car made 179bhp on the Dyno last weekend so it's relatively healthy for being a 70 000 mile car.

Clio 172 Cup
Cheers, glad you like.

Yeah was at wallace, don't know how accurate the reading will be though but he said the only thing it needed was a lamba sensor as it was running too pure.

Clark Motorsport in kintore do the majority of the suspension work and set-up.

Clio 172 Cup
Thanks!

Yeah got quite a bit i'm going to do like a Quaiffe diff, away to change the pads for DS3000 or an xp8 carbotech and i'm going to go for the pure motorsport front wishbone bearing and stiffening plate kit aswell. Also gonna go for a mocal oil cooler kit and a few other bits along the way.

I'm wanting to get some power out of the engine and i'd be really happy with 200-210bhp considering i think it'll weigh a fair bit under a tonne, so the power to weight would be quite good. Any suggestions on what would be best to get close to that figures without going turbo or supercharged?

Cheers

Clio 172 Cup
Thanks.

Nice one, when did you purchase that? Do you ever do any track days at Knockhill?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Which trackdays do you do @ Knochill? SIDC, Trackscotland, Knockhills own etc?

Clio 172 Cup
I've only been to one SIDC day as i only got the car end of last summer. Booked on again on the 17th march. Do you do much?

Thinking about doing a track scotland one aswell as i'm on the forum and they all seem nice enough and i've heard it's the same sort of track "etiquette" as SIDC

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I've only been to one SIDC day as i only got the car end of last summer. Booked on again on the 17th march. Do you do much?

Thinking about doing a track scotland one aswell as i'm on the forum and they all seem nice enough and i've heard it's the same sort of track "etiquette" as SIDC

I'm booked onto the SIDC one on the 17th also.

Have done quite a few days up at Knockhill but all have been the Knockhill organised events. This'll be my first SIDC day but heard nothing but good things about their events.

Clio 172 Cup
I'm booked onto the SIDC one on the 17th also.

Have done quite a few days up at Knockhill but all have been the Knockhill organised events. This'll be my first SIDC day but heard nothing but good things about their events.

Yeah the one i done was brilliant. I'll see you there then!

Clio 172 Cup
Here are the most recent pictures of the car, in preperation for Fintray Hillclimb coming up on the 12th/13th may.

IMG_1523ed.jpg

IMG_1524ed.jpg

IMG_1525ed.jpg

IMG_1529ed.jpg

IMG_1532ed.jpg

IMG_1537ed.jpg

IMG_1534ed.jpg

IMG_1538ed.jpg

IMG_1539ed.jpg

IMG_1550ed.jpg

IMG_1558ed.jpg

Clio Sport 172 Cup
Ahhh yeh know where you are mate. been up there working in garthdee and that too hadnt seen your car around.

Clio 172 Cup
Tidy! Either a set of itb's or a set of decent cams will get you close to 200bhp mate

Yeah i have made a few inquiries regarding some cams and i am just waiting on Dan at 519Automotive to get back to me with a price. I think a bit more power and i'll be happy with it, just lacks that little bit of poke if you get me!

Clio 172 Cup
My Dad works for a pipe fitting company so shouldn't be a problem!

can you keep the sun visors in with the cage?

Unfortunately not, that's why i had to get the sunvisor strip made up! Also the glove box doesn't open so before you fit it make sure it is empty!