ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

kit car clio

was going to spend a lot doing up my clio, making it quick etc. . But then i came across kit cars(7 style). can be built for peanuts really and quite adaptable in terms of engine choice and running gear. rear wheel drive and due to weight quite quick. engine choice could then mean no emmissions tests (on pre 95 engines) and no cat. Also the best bit is that the insurance for me on a tuned 250 bhp kit car is a 3rd of the cost of that on a standard 172 clio!!

but, imagine if you build a space frame, and put a chopped up clio shell on it or a fibreglass clio mould, your choice of engine, rear wheel drive....

and it cost the same to insure as a 1ltr fiesta!!

all very possible for relatively low cost, of course sva book would have to be followed closely to make it road legal.

Full Fat 182 - Was..

Or just buy a clio, take the shell off and re shell it with a fiber/glass carbon body and say its a kit car after youve modded the fook out of it to give it insane power!!!

Zim thinks this is a good choice

:devilish:

I though this idea was a good one if you used a damaged Clio ie smashed body and used the suspension etc on a single seat chassic it would be very quick and quite cheap as well.

Seen something like this in PVW magazine with a mid mounted 3.0V6 twin turbo space framed Corado at a US show. If you got the cash to do something like this, Go for it.

some of the 7 style cars can be built for less than £1k! there is a book that reckons you can do it for £250, but thats assuming you own a mig welder etc.

there are loads of web pages on building cars from scratch and using parts from the scrappy to build them, here is an inspiring one, but i dont think he is building it for the road (or uk ones at least).

http://www.kimini.com/http://www.kimini.com/

You wouldnt need a 2.0.

Assume you made it single seat and didnt make it road legal ie no lights and use a light engine (1.2?) the weight coud be kept down to around 500kg I recon. and if it got its weight low enough it would handle amazingly.

with a modern 1.2 that would be cool, you could also rip out the ecu etc and run it on carbs or something without worrying about fuel emmissions, as it wouldnt be a road car.