ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knob in a valver, channel tunnel.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
the original propagander for the williams i believe mentions it was designed and built by a division of renault named 'renaultsport' i may be wrong and i think it was in its infancy at the time, hence didnt give the name to the car but its was a renaultsport project.

valvers however i'm not sure on

oh and mk 2's suck ;-)

Mk1 Hybrid
Ok, firstly who cares if a valver is Renault sport? I dont ... how often do you see one?

Secondly you mention they rust ... yeah course they do, there 18-14 years old now!

I remember seeing a few threads on here about there "Renaultsport" Clio 197 going rusty after a few months of ownership ...

Now you tell me how you can say there falling apart? give a "Renaultsport" half as long and it will have holes in it like swiss cheese!

Chavs are everywhere, same as women ... you cant escape them! Just accept that they think there sick, in the "tuned up, K&N'd clio" wether it be a valver, willy, 172, 182, 197 ....

And atleast Renault didnt lie about the valver and Williams figures when they were launched ... unlike the "Renaultsport" figures which claims the 172's 182's and 197's figures and were actually a tad below what they should of been!

You wanted banter ... you got it! ;)

Last edited:
  BMW M5 & E36
Mk1 and Mk2 owner here, and I can honestly say that my 182 stuuupidly boring in comparison, a world apart in fun stakes. My 172 tracked Valver runs rings around mk2's handling wise, and soon to be F4R'd it will have the go to match. So you could say a mixture of the both for ultimate win. As per Matteh.

Mk1 <3

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Mk1 and Mk2 owner here, and I can honestly say that my 182 stuuupidly boring in comparison, a world apart in fun stakes. My 172 tracked Valver runs rings around mk2's handling wise, and soon to be F4R'd it will have the go to match. So you could say a mixture of the both for ultimate win. As per Matteh.

Mk1 <3

I think me and you need a room.

Mk1 Hybrid
Taken as a quote from a member off clio16valver.co.uk ...

The first Clio RS followed as the third Clio from Renaultsport division after the Clio 16V and Clio Williams. Renault presented the Clio RS in 1999. They used the body of the original Clio II from 1998 and added sportive features such as wider arches, different bumpers, side skirts and bigger wheels. Under the bonnet was the revised 2.0L engine from Megane/Williams with two stage variable valve timing which increased engine output from 110kW in Williams to 124kW in RS.

Also from wikipedia.

Says that the 172 the third clio was from the Renault sport division....

So the 16v is a renault sport lol

that help the discussion?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I heard that the williams was originally going to be called the Renaultsport Clio 150 before Williams won the championship and it was seen as a good money maker.