ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knock sensor

197 black 57 plate
Just put my 197 in for a remap and they found a "knock sensor error" (had the Center silencer removed/ replaced with straight pipe just before it went in for remap) the remap placed thinks it's just a faulty sensor so I need to replace it , I've ordered one so asking people if it's easy to replace ? Or do I need a garage to replace it ?
Thanks for your help

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Just put my 197 in for a remap and they found a "knock sensor error" (had the Center silencer removed/ replaced with straight pipe just before it went in for remap) the remap placed thinks it's just a faulty sensor so I need to replace it , I've ordered one so asking people if it's easy to replace ? Or do I need a garage to replace it ?
Thanks for your help
You've posted in the wrong section but a knock sensor is generally bolted to the block and relatively easy to assess. Think it's just one nut.