ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking and squeaking again?

Bloody hell my head is killing me. I know there is a lot of threads on this but it is quite hard to pin down what relates to what.

My problems as two fold

Firstly I had the mild knocking when the car was on lock. I thought it was the top strut.

I have fitted the washers however I get knocking when on full lock at slow speed, I also feel a dragging/skipping of the wheels/tyres when turning??? What the hell is this a cv joint?

In addition going over bumps I get a squeaking noise which I think is going from the rear suspension?? Any clues are these related, please help as this is doing my head.

A list of all potential steering/suspension faults with noises that are associated would be a great sticky.

Last edited:
mine was cured with a bit of grease around the edge of the strut top cap where it meets the bodywork.

ive learnt that its just one of those things, its not broken its just a Renault design characteristic.

Hi I will try greasing the surround, however I worry that it may be a cv joint :(

Any thoughts on how to check that or what the squeaking noise is?

The squeak only happens on certain bumps and without any lock on, so it is not related to the strut could it be a warn ball joint?

Cheers

Last edited: