ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

knocking fom front when cornering at speed

Renault Clio sport
I have a 172 lowered on 17s and when cornering, mainly left, i get a knocking that makes a noise like when you drive over multiple white lines!! (like a dull thud).

I have checked front wheels for movement and lower bushes look brand new, drivers side cv joint looks brand new and wheels dont rub as far as i can see.

Any ideas?

thanks

clio mk1 RSI
i would say the tyres are rubbing the inner arch liner under steering, take the wheels (front only obv) and look for scuff marks, then go from there .

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
I had multiple knocking noises on my 1.2 when the car had a sudden burst of acceleration or deceleration (stepping on accelerator/taking foot off accelerator and even pushing clutch in and releasing). The noise disappeared when I changed the driveshafts because my ABS was playing up and had a cracked ABS ring.

SQ5
If it does it only when your not accelerating or putting any power down then it'll be driveshaft.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Must be the driveshaft on mine then

Recently put new ARB in with powerflex all round & new wishbones